Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unlocking Spark

I did it with my phantom 4 with no problem you just have to sacrifice the latest firmware for more control. If you max assent speed be carefully as it will get the battery pretty hot and over discharge warnings. Descent at max speed means the quad rocks. I'm not sure if it would do the same with my spark but I'd recommend it.

Reactions: Satigger
I did it with my phantom 4 with no problem you just have to sacrifice the latest firmware for more control. If you max assent speed be carefully as it will get the battery pretty hot and over discharge warnings. Descent at max speed means the quad rocks. I'm not sure if it would do the same with my spark but I'd recommend it.
Did you notice a ;ot more satellites on your GPS?

Did you notice a ;ot more satellites on your GPS?
No not particularly it might have got GPS slightly faster but it often varies where I am regularly even before the mod. Generally I don't notice as there is usaly a compass warning as there is lots of metal. If you where buying the mod for GPS I wouldn't say it was worth it but if you like speed or are in the ce country and want fcc I would recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_20190715_213643.jpg
    IMG_20190715_213643.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20190715_213643.jpg
    IMG_20190715_213643.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 79
For some reason or another, I can't even join or create a github acct. Anyone else have this issue?
Is there a direct link to download this?

Last edited:
I've unlocked my Spark before I've departed on European vacation and there are couple of advantages. First, I would never be able to fly in a vicinity of tourist attractions as flying is heavily regulated in Europe already and there are no-fly zones everywhere + heavy fines (did not get caught yet). Secondly, I was able to unlock flight parameters and increased ascend and decent speed which drastically improved flight capabilities of my drone. I was not able to unlock horizontal parameters yet (supposedly it doesn't work on Spark), however, I've just read in another thread that disabling avoidance might do the trick. Thirdly, communication with with outside world (DJI, Five eyes, etc.) should be blocked, therefore, no one knows too much unnecessary information about my flight activities.

I've unlocked my Spark before I've departed on European vacation and there are couple of advantages. First, I would never be able to fly in a vicinity of tourist attractions as flying is heavily regulated in Europe already and there are no-fly zones everywhere + heavy fines (did not get caught yet). Secondly, I was able to unlock flight parameters and increased ascend and decent speed which drastically improved flight capabilities of my drone. I was not able to unlock horizontal parameters yet (supposedly it doesn't work on Spark), however, I've just read in another thread that disabling avoidance might do the trick. Thirdly, communication with with outside world (DJI, Five eyes, etc.) should be blocked, therefore, no one knows too much unnecessary information about my flight activities.
Did you notice an increase in you satellite count?

Honestly, I did not pay attention to it. I've never had an issue with GPS lock in the past. And eversince I've unlocked my drone, I've never had a reason to go back to original DJI application.
One other advantage with unlocking I've forgot to mention. It's increased range as according to European norms the transmit power is significantly reduced in Europe compered to North America for example, therefore, without unlocking my drone, I would not be getting the range I'm used to have back home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast