Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Up Your Game on April 27th @ 9:30 PM EDT

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
Nothing much to see yet, but DJI just posted this page on their website about an announcement on April 27th at 9:30 PM EDT. The Mavic Air 2 perhaps?

1586915268381.png

I got the email.. so no one has a clue what its going to be?
The Mini mavic wasn't released to long ago it doesn't seem.

Search YouTube for the Mavic Air 2 for the "leaked" information.

At least it's not a toy robot this time.

Reactions: RotorWash
mavicair2-01-704x600.jpg
mavicair2-02-775x600.jpg
mavicair2-03-800x423.jpg
mavicair2-04-800x404.jpg
mavicair2-05-1140x460.jpg
mavicair2-06-800x349.jpg
mavicair2-07-360x600.jpg
EVxNEuFVAAEBCrN.jpg

Occusync, 8km (5 miles) 1080p.

Hmm. ?

Reactions: Rwarrior
That's my thoughts as well.

Fingers crossed but as annual trip to Florida cancelled no cheap drones for me this year!! Not that it will be cheap-cheaper.

EWQpChPXQAMCf3w.jpg

EWVWibkWAAA64N2.jpg

EWVWibsWsAA3mD_.jpg

EWdc1Y0UEAAf9Br.jpg

EWbEiLLWoAAS9FG.jpg

Reactions: twickers14
EWhjK9nWAAITuHW.jpg

EWlUhs5WkAEQwTN.jpg

OmniView Tech .... Buy Drones Online! Servicing, Repairs, Education - OmniView Tech for any Canuck's here in Ontario.... Got my spark from these folks. They are doing a live launch thing Tuesday. I gotta say, this may be my next drone. If its good in the wind, pretty safe bet my credit card will be smoking! Looking forward to all the reviews... FlytePath (Aldryn) has already done one... pretty fair...

Reactions: RotorWash
Initial reviews are very impressive. Ever since the late Christmas present from the FAA on their Remote ID (RID) proposal, I've hit the pause button on further hardware considerations. The Air 2 has OcuSync which I'm presuming to be different than WiFi connectivity and I'm not sure how that would impact RID implementation for tracking/reporting. Air 2 also has AirSense (ADS-B) like the Enterprise level drones and Mavic 2 Enterprise model. I was surprised the RID NPRM stated the FAA had rejected using ADS-B, yet DJI has incorporated it in the North American release. It looks like a good use of technology to announce and display the location of near-by aircraft onscreen, provided they have ADS-B as well. Buyers not affected by FAA regs probably don't have much to worry about unless their airspace administration adopts the FAA model. I may be overly concerned about how it's all going to come out and for sure it's not going to happen very quickly, but I hate sinking money into something that's going to be an expensive doorstop if it goes the wrong way.

At any rate, for those inclined to snatch an Air 2 up, the Fly More Combo looks like a no-brainer since extra batteries go for $115 a piece.

I also read that the DJI Goggles and Crystal Sky monitors won't work?

Does an ipad mini fit in the controller?

All of the pictures show a phone being used.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme