Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Upper Nine Mile Canyon, Eastern Utah

Man, I really need to be able to go higher than 400 feet

Here's how I interpret the rule.

The rule is 400 feet AGL (Above Ground Level), not launch point.

Launch the Spark and follow the terrain up to the top of the mountain.

You are still at a safe AGL height once you reach the top, although you may be several hundred feet above the launch point, you are still within the 400 AGL rule.

You can't go straight up and over, but you can stay within 400 feet of the ground as you traverse the incline to the top.

The ground is the ground, whether it's in the valley or on top of the hill and if you fly within 400 feet of the surface, I don't see the rule being broken.

Like I said, that's how I interpret the rule.

I can't find a clear explanation of this, other than part 107 pilots do this when inspecting structures.

Excellent video and the music choice too. Some irony in that, it was a "live" performance and sadly he's long gone, and it was flying that took him out...

We owe mother nature a nod for presenting you with that scenery to fly around... I am green with envy!

I say WOW so often on the Forum and your footage deserves another huge one. Love JD, his voice is so very sincere and it complements your film perfectly.

Sorry. Most canyons I've been to have access both from the canyon and the rim. I didn't realize this canyon didn't have access at the rim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe