Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

US Flyers: FAA Reg # Req'd To Be Displayed Externally

I wonder if the the size of the font used would be a factor?

Make a sticker small enough to be seen with a magnifying glass. Lol.

I put mine in the same spot, only under the logo.

I originally put it there where yours is but thought it would wear a bit when dealing with the SD card over time.

Nothing in the Email I received from the FAA about the font size so I printed mine at 6 point font onto a reflective sticker protected with clear packing tape and it fits nice under the DJI logo.

Right now there is nothing specified about font size. The actual regulation will be found in CFR FAR 48

Current FAR

48.205 Display and location of unique identifier.
(a) The unique identifier must be maintained in a condition that is legible.

(b) The unique identifier must be affixed to the small unmanned aircraft by any means necessary to ensure that it will remain affixed for the duration of each operation.

(c) The unique identifier must be readily accessible and visible upon inspection of the small unmanned aircraft. A unique identifier enclosed in a compartment is readily accessible if it can be accessed without the use of any tool.

Under: Interim final rule

48.205 Display and location of unique identifier.
(c) The unique identifier must be legibly displayed on an external surface of the small unmanned aircraft.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2019-00765.pdf

Ive put the reg number in the battery compartment. As long as you dont need tools to access it your fine. FAA rules state that for part 107

That is the rule until February 25, 2019.

After that, it needs to be displayed on the outside due to the request of first responders that may recover a fallen aircraft and removing the battery that may cause an explosion or if it was booby trapped to explode when removing the battery.

New rule.

Reactions: NazoINK
I used one from work to make one for mine and the sticky part of the label looked silver and I guess it had some metallic in it as it messed with my compass. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get a GPS until I took it off. Boom, all fixed. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex