Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Used Battery %&# - up

Autodrome

Join
Oct 22, 2019
I bought a whole bunch of batteries from someone that crashed their drone. All of them were fully depleted and wouldn't register any leds at all so I got them for a good deal. although I did bring along a micro usb charging cable to verify they would take a charge.

The good news is I managed to charge all of them up normally and they seem to work fine

Bad news is I noticed on one of them the release tabs were slow to move and not very 'springy' making it difficult to release from the quad. Well i decided to spray some lubricant on it. Big mistake, for some reason it had the opposite effect! It seemed to harden on the battery like superglue. Now the pull tabs barely move at all and require even more force. Not sure what can be done, needless to say do not try this!

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of lubricants that are petroleum based can act as a solvent on some plastics. I needed a plastic-friendly lube for a joystick a few years ago and the stick's manufacturer said they use Tri-Flow, a teflon-based lubricant. I bought a can of the aerosol at a bicycle shop (great for chains). It had no ill effects on the stick material, lasted a long time and worked like a champ.

Reactions: SoccerRef12

Tentoes

Join
Jun 5, 2019
Loc
Oklahoma USA
Ooh... You used a non-plastic-compatible lubricant. That one might be toast.

Autodrome

Join
Oct 22, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of lubricants that are petroleum based can act as a solvent on some plastics. I needed a plastic-friendly lube for a joystick a few years ago and the stick's manufacturer said they use Tri-Flow, a teflon-based lubricant. I bought a can of the aerosol at a bicycle shop (great for chains). It had no ill effects on the stick material, lasted a long time and worked like a champ.

Thanks didn't know/think Jigaloo would have an issue with plastic.

I'll try cleaning it with some 90% alcohol i have laying around. At least get it back to the state it was in.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinkoBilobaa