Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using my Spark with Epson bt 300 glasses

Nice job and I agree about the Spark.

I think DJI underestimated the little drone.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I've been considering these goggles for a while now, however, there are couple issues that prevent me to make a purchase. Firstly, 700 USD is pretty steep, secondly, some users find lag in a video feed difficult to deal with, and thirdly, the hardware seems to be very underpowered (slow CPU) and uses Android 4 which is ancient, preventing you to run many of today's applications.

Reactions: Spark 317
I've been considering these goggles for a while now, however, there are couple issues that prevent me to make a purchase. Firstly, 700 USD is pretty steep, secondly, some users find lag in a video feed difficult to deal with, and thirdly, the hardware seems to be very underpowered (slow CPU) and uses Android 4 which is ancient, preventing you to run many of today's applications.

I too have looked at those and had the same thoughts as you.

They look cool but at twice the price of the aircraft, limited platform, and the capability with the newer DJI products. ?

It's a heck of an investment for a hobbyist.

I would agree if your just a casual/hobbyist flyer. As for the technology, the Bt 300's came out in 2018, in drone tech that equals to about 10 years. It is a closed system that was made solely by Epson in partnership with Dji. Dji has a history with joint development projects abandoning systems that they can't have complete control of. The cost has dip a bit from the original $799 USD price tag, most can be had for $500 off Amazon. The Epson bt 300's are compatible from the spark all the way to the Phantom 4 series and Mavic 2 pro (need type A RC, you can see my video on the Mavic pilot page). The Smart controller doesn't have the compatibility range that the Epson's have. As for lag, it's no different than any smart phone or tablet, if you go to my Youtube page and watch my promo video you will see me fly through a window on a construction job and fly within inches of a roof job, that was only possible with the depth perception you get from wearing some type of googles. As a Part 107 pilot I need to be in compliance with FAA reg's and the bt 300's allows me to do that.

Last edited:
As a Part 107 pilot I need to be in compliance with FAA reg's and the bt 300's allows me to do that.

??

Far better than the original DJI headset and no VO required while flying FPV. ?

$500 you say on Amazon?
Hmm....?
Might have to shop again as I want to fly the Spark as long as I can.

I wear glasses so that's a factor too on the fit.

Thanks for info.

Recoveryone drone, have you tried to sideload any Android applications on this? As IT geek I would find some other uses for this besides drone flying and specs scare me:
CPU: Intel Atom x5 1.44 GHz Quad Core
Internal Memory: Approx. 16GB (including Moverio OS)
RAM: 2GB !!!
External Memory: microSD (max.2GB) / microSDHC(max.32GB)
OS Version: Android [4.0.4]
That's really bad for such an expensive toy... I could imagine using it to watch a movie in bed or on a train to work, however, with these specs, I am not sure if it could handle 1080 HEVC (H.265) video files from my collection...

Recoveryone drone, have you tried to sideload any Android applications on this? As IT geek I would find some other uses for this besides drone flying and specs scare me:
CPU: Intel Atom x5 1.44 GHz Quad Core
Internal Memory: Approx. 16GB (including Moverio OS)
RAM: 2GB !!!
External Memory: microSD (max.2GB) / microSDHC(max.32GB)
OS Version: Android [4.0.4]
That's really bad for such an expensive toy... I could imagine using it to watch a movie in bed or on a train to work, however, with these specs, I am not sure if it could handle 1080 HEVC (H.265) video files from my collection...
As I said, it was made as a closed system, same as with the Crystalsky monitors. Some have sideloaded apps, but the functionality of those apps cannot be guaranteed. The output of the glasses are only 720p and if wanted to watch movies I would suggest using the external memory slot for storage. I use mine solely for flying.

Why are these better than the dji original goggles? The dji s are full hd, not necessary with the spark, but great with other dji drones.
They have very low lag with the spark, and decent image quality.

Why are these better than the dji original goggles? The dji s are full hd, not necessary with the spark, but great with other dji drones.
They have very low lag with the spark, and decent image quality.
I don't think anyone said there were better than the Dji goggles, but to be in compliance with FAA reg's (if Flying solo) the Epson bt 300 are compatible with the reg's. Using anytype of full head gear type of goggles would force you to have a VO present.

Last edited:
Spark 317 said "far better than original". Ridiculous regs should be ignored! With vlos, i lose sight of my drone after 150m, despite the idiots who made this reg stating it's safe to 500m. With my goggle s, i have fantastic control several km away. Vlos is the relic from radio plane flyers, who's sole experience was watching a speck in the sky. There, vlos is everything.
Fpv is the only way to fly at a distance safely, vlos was instituted by idiotic vlosers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers