Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using Spark in a vehicle

yycwrangler

Join
Feb 15, 2018
One thing I find using my gopro camera, filming trips in my jeep, is that it also shows every bounce or bump when playing back the video. Hmmm...if only I had a camera that had a gimble to iron out these bumps.

Just wondering if anyone has found out a way to mount the spark on a try/tripod or something and use it to video your travels. Especially when I'm down in places like Moab and some of the spectacular offroad trips (not talking about crazy jeeping like some but exploring).

Cheers
Al

There is the Polar Pro Katana and there is one on Ebay (that I cannot get the link to post here) but Google "spark handheld camera mount" and look for Ebay in the list.

Last edited:
Had me excited Mccloud..Only thing is that link takes me to an ebay page with no specific content..Would you have a better link

Al

Yeah - I had to go back and edit #2 above. You were too fast for me ;)

One thing I find using my gopro camera, filming trips in my jeep, is that it also shows every bounce or bump when playing back the video. Hmmm...if only I had a camera that had a gimble to iron out these bumps.

Just wondering if anyone has found out a way to mount the spark on a try/tripod or something and use it to video your travels. Especially when I'm down in places like Moab and some of the spectacular offroad trips (not talking about crazy jeeping like some but exploring).

Cheers
Al
Polar Pro Katana

Here's Amazon for the Polar Pro.

And another Amazon for the GoPro.

Last edited:
I also use a gimbal from time to time, with my cellphone and GoPro.

As already said, you can find one, easily.
Even DJI is selling a gimbal for mobile devices.

Thanks Guys

I'll have a look at the link..The only problem with buying a gimble for the phone is the cost..Not very cheap..Hoping to keep the costs down

cheers
Al

Cheers
Al
Just set Spark on the dashboard. Make sure your windshield is clean.

I've tried sitting it on my dashboard and unless its anchored tends to move around. Especially on dirt roads. I've been thinking of building a platform where the drone legs would sit into predrilled holes and then some type of elastic over the drone. That would prevent it from moving around.

I have an idea, how about incorporating some flashlight springs to be used on each motor?

You could mount the springs on your platform / dash and set the Spark on top of them at the motors.

I unscrewed my Mag-Lite to check and it looks like it may work with some trial and error.

They might be too stiff to absorb any vibration but you may be able to find a weaker spring that's just right.

Just a thought.

I've tried sitting it on my dashboard and unless its anchored tends to move around.

I have an idea, how about incorporating some flashlight springs to be used on each motor?

You could mount the springs on your platform / dash and set the Spark on top of them at the motors.

I unscrewed my Mag-Lite to check and it looks like it may work with some trial and error.

They might be too stiff to absorb any vibration but you may be able to find a weaker spring that's just right.

Just a thought.

Cheers
Al

Sparky..That is nice and smooth..Is it actually on you dashboard..seems like someone might be holding it

Al

I cannot get the ebay link to work for the Spark handheld gimbal but here is what the item looks like (less than $7 USD):
gimbal.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast