Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Using the Spark with my baitboat...

Ok...I'm not a fisherman so what's going on with the rig?

the winch at the rear is a radio controlled winch to lower a GoPro camera down through the water column and possibly to the lake bed for photography of Carp.

Reactions: Faan and Spark 317
Gotcha.

So why do Carp need to be photographed?
I am a fisherman - Just curious.

Reactions: BrianP
So why do Carp need to be photographed?
I am a fisherman - Just curious.
It's a passion of mine... mixing engineering/photography/fishing/tech/diy solutions ... always trying to get that extra special shot... and I'm still at it!
What do you fish for? where do you fish?

Reactions: Robert Clavin
l
none of my 'tools' get a quiet life...

Last time I checked there were 4 states that made it illegal to use drones to fish (or hunt game). They included locating quarry and not just actively fishing as prohibited activities.

I don't want to spoil your fun -- just encourage you to confirm it's okay where you live. Unfortunately more areas will pass similar laws over time.

l

Last time I checked there were 4 states that made it illegal to use drones to fish (or hunt game). They included locating quarry and not just actively fishing as prohibited activities.

I don't want to spoil your fun -- just encourage you to confirm it's okay where you live. Unfortunately more areas will pass similar laws over time.

cheers for the heads up! I get your point about the 'locating' part.
Two points that make it ok for me...
1) i'm not actually fishing with any of this equipment
2) I'm in the U.K. and have permission from the lake owner to use my tech for photography and mapping.

cheers for the heads up! I get your point about the 'locating' part.
Two points that make it ok for me...
1) i'm not actually fishing with any of this equipment
2) I'm in the U.K. and have permission from the lake owner to use my tech for photography and mapping.

In the US the laws started because guides were using drones to locate big game for their clients. The same had been done in the past using manned aircraft. This was condemned by lawmakers as blatantly unethical. So they passed laws against using drones for hunting (and tacked on fishing for the same reason). In those states using drones to locate fish is also illegal.

Sounds like the UK is different. Imagine that :D

In the US the laws started because guides were using drones to locate big game for their clients. The same had been done in the past using manned aircraft. This was condemned by lawmakers as blatantly unethical. So they passed laws against using drones for hunting (and tacked on fishing for the same reason). In those states using drones to locate fish is also illegal.

Sounds like the UK is different. Imagine that :D

I'm a fisherman who is happy, at the end of the day, if he has seen a fish swim by... The YouTube channel and my photographs are just a way of re-living the sighting over and over. If I end up knowing a little more about Carp behaviour and habitats then that's cool as well.

The 'distraction' side of my outdoor pursuits
(flying drones/fishing/photography/motorsport), are my way of coping with bereavement.

I have tried lots of activities but 'hands on' seems to work best for me as an ex mechanical fitter from a shipyard background and then oil industry offshore and ROVs offshore/Robotics onshore...
I better stop rambling now... Thanks again for the heads up on the good ol' US of A situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme