Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

video feed loss

TheWindpirate

Join
Apr 29, 2020
Hi Folks, I fly with a controller and the approximate maximum distance is supposed to be around 2km, however I loose video feed to my phone around 200 meters. The drone then initiates RTH automatically. I can see that the drone is capable of flying further but restricted by the loss of feed. I also get weak signal warnings around 200 meters.
Is this normal or a setting restriction of mine?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland TheWindpirate.

Are you in a CE or FCC region?

If CE, the range is about 800 meters.

Are you flying near radio towers that may be causing interference? You might try different locations to see if that's a possibility.

I had a spot I couldn't fly in due to "something" in the air that affected my Spark and caused the same problems you are experiencing. Loss of signal followed by RTH. I couldn't see any towers around, but the Spark didn't like that area.

The use of parabolic reflectors will work to help concentrate a signal to and from the Spark.

There a couple of settings in the Go4 app that may affect the range. Beginner mode off and maximum speed toggled to maximum?

I'm probably not much help but welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks Mate, yes I too have had something in the air scenarios. I'm not sure about CE area but im in Cape Town South Africa so could well be. Definitely not beginner mode but I will check the max speed setting. The reflectors sound interesting. Might give them a try. Thanks for the advice and the welcome!
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers