Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video Flying over Kailua Bay, Kona Hawaii

Your horizon is tilted. It looks stable so it might be your camera is tilted in the Spark frame?

Reactions: ton079
Beautiful place! Nice song adaptation.

Great looking video, I am always so impressed by the Spark camera, did you do a lot on post production? The colors and sharpness are wonderful. Great work THANKS ?

Your horizon is tilted. It looks stable so it might be your camera is tilted in the Spark frame?
Thanks for the comment, I didn't notice that the horizon was tilted until you mentioned it. Not sure what caused that either. I had an issue a couple days prior to shooting the video with a warning " gimbal overload", I proceeded to land my Spark and took a can of air blow air around the gimbal area, sent it back up and everything was working okay. Can the camera itself get tilted in some way?

Possible gimbal problem? Great location tho.
Your right I'm not sure what caused that horizon tilt either and didn't even notice it until it was mentioned in another post. I'm going to check out some new footage and see if it is still doing that. If it is the gimbal for some reason that would be a DJI issue right or is there a way of rebalancing it....I have no clue. Thx

Great looking video, I am always so impressed by the Spark camera, did you do a lot on post production? The colors and sharpness are wonderful. Great work THANKS ?
Thanks for the comment. I did all my editing in iMovie on my iMac, didn't do any color adjustments more splicing than anything. I unfortunately forgot to film in "tripod mode" ( which slows the movement while panning with the Spark so the footage doesn't jerk so much). I agree with you that the Spark really takes great photos/footage. Aloha!

Your right I'm not sure what caused that horizon tilt either and didn't even notice it until it was mentioned in another post. I'm going to check out some new footage and see if it is still doing that. If it is the gimbal for some reason that would be a DJI issue right or is there a way of rebalancing it....I have no clue. Thx

Maybe it was leaning hard into the wind?? :p

I swiped this from another post..and am unable to confirm at the moment. Search around here, I know there's other similar posts on the forum.

"...You can't calibrate but you can adjust the gimbal in roll and pitch. You tap the three dots in the upper right of DIJ Go 4, tap the second to bottom icon in the list (looks like camera with line over it), tap Adjust Gimbal, tap Pitch, tap left or right circular arc until you get where you want, and tap Complete. That might or might not work, depending on how far yours needs adjusting. I have used the roll correction to get the horizon level. "

Maybe it was leaning hard into the wind?? :p

I swiped this from another post..and am unable to confirm at the moment. Search around here, I know there's other similar posts on the forum.

"...You can't calibrate but you can adjust the gimbal in roll and pitch. You tap the three dots in the upper right of DIJ Go 4, tap the second to bottom icon in the list (looks like camera with line over it), tap Adjust Gimbal, tap Pitch, tap left or right circular arc until you get where you want, and tap Complete. That might or might not work, depending on how far yours needs adjusting. I have used the roll correction to get the horizon level. "

I tried to follow your instructions on adjusting the gimbal via the DJI Go4 app, but my version 4.3.18, doesn't have the icon with a camera and line through it in the pull down window option from the upper right corner of the app. I'll try do some research on the forums like you suggested and see what I can find. Thanks again for your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme