Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

View my spark footage on TV

el cap

Join
Jun 7, 2017
Loc
kailua kona
aloha fellow pilots,

I was wondering about better options for displaying my spark footage (mainly video and panorama) on my tv. I have a 55 inch Vizio m series that’s about 4-5 years old 1080 no 4K. I use a standard roku stick not 4K as my streamer. I run an iPad mini 4 for my spark. I pretty much operate everything Apple, but do not have Apple TV. Using the roku app I can pull up saved photos and video from my camera roll, but it can take a while and usually struggles loading and maintaining video. My internet speed is plenty fast enough BTW.

Does anyone have experience mirroring the DJI go 4 app with Apple TV? I understand that the panorama shots are higher resolution and my TV can’t currently support the file. I would love to have the ability to mirror my panoramic shots and video on the tv to show friends and family rather then passing around the iPad mini 4.

Is Apple TV 4K my best bet and do I need a 4K or UHD tv to mirror the panoramas through the app. I have no desire to live stream my flights on the tv, which I have seen people do. Just want a clean option to mirror my footage to the big screen. Fly safe and mahalo for any feedback.

Reactions: BossOlive
You could put the images/videos on an SD card or memory stick and insert into the TV if it has that capability. Apple devices do not play well with TV's as they are usually Android, webOS or Tizen based. There are some apps that will mirror it.

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
You can mirror Go4 to Apple TV, but the quality is poor. Doesn’t matter if you have 4K. It’s beca the photos and videos saved to Go4 are poorer resolution. You need the images and videos from the micro sd card. As @LuvMyTJ said.

I pair my I phone with my Samsung 4K tv and am able to view my pics and videos, had to down load a Samsung app to do it.

Reactions: BossOlive
if your TV has an SD card slot, you can put your sparks micro SD card into an adapter then plug it in to the TV :)

With a smart TV, many allow you to view videos straight from the microSD or SD card. Or get a microSD/USB adapter and use the smart TV's USB port if so equipped. In my case, I use a MacBook Pro for my computer but have Android phone and tablet. I also have a NAS at home running Plex media server. I upload my footage, raw and edited, to my Plex media server and use Roku's to stream the video on my TV's. There are many ways to accomplish this with varying degrees of quality and cost. Good luck!

I'm not sure how Roku works, but with Apple TV, you can play media from a mac or pc over your home wifi network to the Apple TV or AirPlay directly from Mac, etc. I believe ChromeCast also allows you to "Cast" from a PC to the device.

If Roku has a similar option, maybe you can just copy the files from the SD card to your PC, then Cast/Airplay/Stream from your PC to the TV?

aloha fellow pilots,

I was wondering about better options for displaying my spark footage (mainly video and panorama) on my tv. I have a 55 inch Vizio m series that’s about 4-5 years old 1080 no 4K. I use a standard roku stick not 4K as my streamer. I run an iPad mini 4 for my spark. I pretty much operate everything Apple, but do not have Apple TV. Using the roku app I can pull up saved photos and video from my camera roll, but it can take a while and usually struggles loading and maintaining video. My internet speed is plenty fast enough BTW.

Does anyone have experience mirroring the DJI go 4 app with Apple TV? I understand that the panorama shots are higher resolution and my TV can’t currently support the file. I would love to have the ability to mirror my panoramic shots and video on the tv to show friends and family rather then passing around the iPad mini 4.

Is Apple TV 4K my best bet and do I need a 4K or UHD tv to mirror the panoramas through the app. I have no desire to live stream my flights on the tv, which I have seen people do. Just want a clean option to mirror my footage to the big screen. Fly safe and mahalo for any feedback.

Reactions: korniliy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme