Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Virginia Intermount College

Indeed, waaaayyyy to slow ;). If you want this movie to keep the attention of your viewers, you should cut it up in small shots and then get rid of most of the shots. Keep the video short, say two minutes max. Create shots that are "steady": no speed changes in the shot, no direction changes in the shot.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
No, but what you could do, which is sort of a hybrid idea from what Multikoe suggested is to speed up the non interesting parts in between the more interesting ones... That will shorten the video and still be cool to watch. Is that school in use or empty? Dont see much going on there. I'd be tempted to show it to the school's maintenance people, so they can see the issues with the roofing.

No, but what you could do, which is sort of a hybrid idea from what Multikoe suggested is to speed up the non interesting parts in between the more interesting ones... That will shorten the video and still be cool to watch. Is that school in use or empty? Dont see much going on there. I'd be tempted to show it to the school's maintenance people, so they can see the issues with the roofing.
It was a college , closed bout 15 years ago , sold reopened 8 years ago , 5 years ago closed again . They are auctioning off the contents in 3 weeks . Id love to see someone do something with it but who knows...

That's not what I meant at all! I was just suggesting that you take this video and shorten it a lot. It will be a better video.
I wasn't offended , I was just trying to be funny . I made this awhile back to test out the slow-mo feature I had and posted it cos a member wanted to see how it did .

Hows this one ?I used a filter .

Actually, if my behaviour is any indication: after about 15 seconds, I start clicking on the progress bar to see if anything is going to happen. I find myself scrolling through the movie to see what the rest of the movie is like. So it is still too long.
If you are able to go back to this location, I would try to get as many shots from different angles as possible. Get a close up of the tower. Do a vertically moving shot from ground level to roof level. Do a circle mode panning shot around the tower. Things like that, to show more of this building.
These are my personal views and I realise that I am by no means a good videographer myself. And please don't be offended :)

Too Short ?
Actually, if my behaviour is any indication: after about 15 seconds, I start clicking on the progress bar to see if anything is going to happen. I find myself scrolling through the movie to see what the rest of the movie is like. So it is still too long.
If you are able to go back to this location, I would try to get as many shots from different angles as possible. Get a close up of the tower. Do a vertically moving shot from ground level to roof level. Do a circle mode panning shot around the tower. Things like that, to show more of this building.
These are my personal views and I realise that I am by no means a good videographer myself. And please don't be offended :)

Now I'm intrigued: I keep telling you your videos are too long and suggesting you break up your videos into short shots. Northwood suggests speeding up the video to make it more interesting. And now you post a video of the sun setting for 17 and-a-half minutes!
Why?

Now I'm intrigued: I keep telling you your videos are too long and suggesting you break up your videos into short shots. Northwood suggests speeding up the video to make it more interesting. And now you post a video of the sun setting for 17 and-a-half minutes!
Why?
Some people like it . I have short videos on my you tube as well . I am also applying your advice moving forward . I got a new Virginia Intermont college video posting today its just over 5 mins long but I tried making it more interesting . hope you'll watch and talk me what you think

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex