Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Vision system

Faithley

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Maybe a stupid question. Is the vision system always on? And at what hight did it kick in our turn off?

the vision system is a joke just another way for dji to sell something and appease the government restrictions... it sends out infrared led light that bounces back.... about 15 feet max and on a bright day not very useful.. you need a wide swath of building to use it anything skinny it wont work on you can turn it off but it says in a screen that pisses you off to turn it back on.. its a power waster too not very but we need to get rid of it its a gimic

possibly...... its hit or miss really with any of them... it works by infra red you know the remote control you use to change tv channels so light and uses two led infrared leds... and a small sensor receiver same one in your tv... so what im saying is unless its a building or coming right at you.. its really just a gimmick to sell a drone....

most of the features are.. hand launch gestures.. how many people you know use that.... that often how dangerous is it launching from your hand grabbing the thing from the bottom im sure lots of fingers were cut or faces.... see ive been modeling since geez the dawn of time.. when 72 mhz was a thing i had the first drone a dragaonflyer before anyone really knew about them that was 20 years ago or more.... first lipos to come out i could go on and on....anyway these new features are just to sell drones and also to appease the fcc and or appease the USA government to let them sell them see folks they are safer.. when really its the operator that 95 % of the time is at fault..... these new drones made it easier for joe schmoe to fly with GPS etc.. .... so thats what im saying.. also it transmits this light about 15 feet max before it fans out so much it cant reflect back enough... its a gimic is all.. anyway thats my thoughts on it... but what gets me is sure they let you turn it off.. but you constantly get a reminder window in your face blocking the fpv view....thanks dji.... the sad thing is sonar and fpv and all this stuff was out long before dji all dji did was make it sexy looking.. turned a drone into a apple product and the flock of geese came......
dont get me wrong they have cool features but these features are stolen from 3dr robotics that was the first to really offer gps and flight data....their mission planner has 1 million more ways to modify your paramiters... but they now suck too since they went closed source.... but before they had and they used an arduino people a 8mhz chip slow etc with gps and way points and poi... and all that stuff sure you had to add fpv..
but heres the thing dji just added fpv is all the really did and make it look sexy they took ideas from other people and bundled them together not really inovating anything other than the look of the drone..... they are not a technology company really... where new ideas come from look at their drones the spark.. ok now the air it has 4k lol same camera they could of added to the spark but didnt.. why profitttssss they had a 4k camera ready but went with lets make a whole new drone.. shady business practices to me...

what the spark should of had was far less transmit power.. the thing gets super hot.... the remote gets hot.. should of added freq hopping my dx8 transmitter with freq hopping and 100mw can go far enough to enjoy.... and with a addon can go way farther... also 3 axis gimble.. what the heck we got 2.... it amazes me how there still in business.. its the apple effect.. really is

possibly...... its hit or miss really with any of them... it works by infra red you know the remote control you use to change tv channels so light and uses two led infrared leds... and a small sensor receiver same one in your tv... so what im saying is unless its a building or coming right at you.. its really just a gimmick to sell a drone....

most of the features are.. hand launch gestures.. how many people you know use that.... that often how dangerous is it launching from your hand grabbing the thing from the bottom im sure lots of fingers were cut or faces.... see ive been modeling since geez the dawn of time.. when 72 mhz was a thing i had the first drone a dragaonflyer before anyone really knew about them that was 20 years ago or more.... first lipos to come out i could go on and on....anyway these new features are just to sell drones and also to appease the fcc and or appease the USA government to let them sell them see folks they are safer.. when really its the operator that 95 % of the time is at fault..... these new drones made it easier for joe schmoe to fly with GPS etc.. .... so thats what im saying.. also it transmits this light about 15 feet max before it fans out so much it cant reflect back enough... its a gimic is all.. anyway thats my thoughts on it... but what gets me is sure they let you turn it off.. but you constantly get a reminder window in your face blocking the fpv view....thanks dji.... the sad thing is sonar and fpv and all this stuff was out long before dji all dji did was make it sexy looking.. turned a drone into a apple product and the flock of geese came......
dont get me wrong they have cool features but these features are stolen from 3dr robotics that was the first to really offer gps and flight data....their mission planner has 1 million more ways to modify your paramiters... but they now suck too since they went closed source.... but before they had and they used an arduino people a 8mhz chip slow etc with gps and way points and poi... and all that stuff sure you had to add fpv..
but heres the thing dji just added fpv is all the really did and make it look sexy they took ideas from other people and bundled them together not really inovating anything other than the look of the drone..... they are not a technology company really... where new ideas come from look at their drones the spark.. ok now the air it has 4k lol same camera they could of added to the spark but didnt.. why profitttssss they had a 4k camera ready but went with lets make a whole new drone.. shady business practices to me...

what the spark should of had was far less transmit power.. the thing gets super hot.... the remote gets hot.. should of added freq hopping my dx8 transmitter with freq hopping and 100mw can go far enough to enjoy.... and with a addon can go way farther... also 3 axis gimble.. what the heck we got 2.... it amazes me how there still in business.. its the apple effect.. really is

I personally don't see these features as gimmicks, they're very useful, especially for an entry-level drone. I also hand launch and recover my Spark 100% of the time, eliminates the need for a clean landing surface. I've never had any issues or cut/chopped fingers... LOL! Hovering above your head and grabbing it from the bottom is very safe for me! It's an entry-level drone, so it's all good!

I personally don't see these features as gimmicks, they're very useful, especially for an entry-level drone. I also hand launch and recover my Spark 100% of the time, eliminates the need for a clean landing surface. I've never had any issues or cut/chopped fingers... LOL! Hovering above your head and grabbing it from the bottom is very safe for me! It's an entry-level drone, so it's all good!

to each his own.... the one thing i do find useful is the gps the fpv and the sonar thats bout it... well you may have not chopped your fingers but im sure others have.. ive never grabbed drones ever i have had my fingers chopped hoving it was about to take off and go under a patio not a dji drone a normal one i made f3 flight controller grabed the thing and omg im glad i didnt have carbon fiber blades i would have lost fingers... please dont hover it over yourself and grab it... takes one time for it to act funny and go full forward or you hit the stick and shove that spiinng prop in your eye ball or face...

to each his own.... the one thing i do find useful is the gps the fpv and the sonar thats bout it... well you may have not chopped your fingers but im sure others have.. ive never grabbed drones ever i have had my fingers chopped hoving it was about to take off and go under a patio not a dji drone a normal one i made f3 flight controller grabed the thing and omg im glad i didnt have carbon fiber blades i would have lost fingers... please dont hover it over yourself and grab it... takes one time for it to act funny and go full forward or you hit the stick and shove that spiinng prop in your eye ball or face...
I hand launch and hand land my spark and Mavics all the time.

I also use hand launch gesture of my spark.

The procedure is safe, tested and everyone can do it.

If somebody was injured, I'm sure, he did it in a totally wrong way.

Reactions: Faithley

My Spark has never even come close to flying away when I'm doing a hand landing. Maybe you have a defective unit?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe