Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Way point Apps

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Spark/drone newbie here.

I'm very interested in being able to use flight plans with my Spark. Researching this Forum I see there are a number of software.App solutions, Litchi and Flight Plan to name two. These also purport to support planning on a computer at home and somehow transferring the data to the drone. What I can't find, yet, are particulars on this process so I can determine if I can actually do it with my set up.

If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

My Hardware:
-Spark
-Remote controller
-IPhone with iOS 12.1.2
-PC running Windows 10 Home

No point complaining, wouldn't work anyway.

Erbster

Join
Dec 18, 2018
I have recently started using Litchi with my Spark. You plan a mission on the computer. Open mission in the iOS app (which you need to buy) and use that instead of DJI go 4. The app loads the instructions to the drone for you. There are lots of YouTube vids that explain and extensive help files on the litchi website.

Spark 317

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
I have recently started using Litchi with my Spark. You plan a mission on the computer. Open mission in the iOS app (which you need to buy) and use that instead of DJI go 4. The app loads the instructions to the drone for you. There are lots of YouTube vids that explain and extensive help files on the litchi website.
So if I fly with an iPad mini4 using the Litchi app, I will be able to use the mission planner on my home PC using Windows to plan a mission and then load that to the mini4?

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Thanks for the responses. I think I get it now. My original thought was that there was software that one needed to DL to the PC and a hard connection to the drone to upload the route to it. (similar to what I do with my Garmin when planning motorcycle tours). It seems Litchi is completely cloud based in this aspect.

Only problem I can see, a lot of the places where I'll be flying an Internet connection won't be possible. (No cell service) Does a route stay in memory once downloaded?

B
No point worrying, wouldn't work anyway.

Erbster

Join
Dec 18, 2018
So if I fly with an iPad mini4 using the Litchi app, I will be able to use the mission planner on my home PC using Windows to plan a mission and then load that to the mini4?
Exactly. The iPad will need an internet connection to open the mission you saved on your desktop machine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
landkarte