Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

We have Nobody to lead an argument for Us.

Koala Tails

Join
May 14, 2018
Our Canadian friends are languishing under new drone rules, now Australia’s regulations are under review. Its not looking good for anyone who has a dji product. Which country is next?
We don’t have a registered association or club to put forward our case. We don’t have any professional bloggers with thousands of subscribers.
We do have this forum to share our experiences & knowledge, but if the proposed regulations the Australian authorities have become law, you will not see any video from us again. To upload UAV footage on Utube will mean that I am a commercial pilot & need to pay for a commercial registration.
A $20 regulation fee is acceptable, but that won’t allow me to share video.

This guy is encouraging fpv fliers to throw EVERYBODY HERE under the bus. Your country could follow. Check the copy & paste answers provided
If you’re Australian go & do the CASA survey, if you know an Aussie tell them to do the survey. I think it closes in a week, don’t delay.

PS. There is a link to the survey in this video

You are looking for a drone advocacy group but unfortunately neither your post or your profile specifies what country your are flying in...

In the US the largest advocacy group in terms of membership and political influence is the AMA - Academy of Model Aeronatics. They have an open dialogue with the FAA and are often invited to the governmental forums regarding future drone legislation. The AMA is the only entity specifically recognized by the FAA as an authority and as such they have used the AMA's safety guidelines as the basis for US drone regulations.

I encourage you to become an AMA member and play an active role. FYI - They also include flight liability insurance in the membership fee

You are looking for a drone advocacy group but unfortunately neither your post or your profile specifies what country your are flying in...

In the US the largest advocacy group in terms of membership and political influence is the AMA - Academy of Model Aeronatics. They have an open dialogue with the FAA and are often invited to the governmental forums regarding future drone legislation. The AMA is the only entity specifically recognized by the FAA as an authority and as such they have used the AMA's safety guidelines as the basis for US drone regulations.

I encourage you to become an AMA member and play an active role. FYI - They also include flight liability insurance in the membership fee

It would seem to me from his post that he lives and flies in Australia.

It would seem to me from his post that he lives and flies in Australia.

The OP was encouraging hobbyist in every country to become active in protecting their freedoms. I am doing the same and providing info for US forum members. Thanks for your input

The OP was encouraging hobbyist in every country to become active in protecting their freedoms. I am doing the same and providing info for US forum members. Thanks for your input

No problem. I was only responding to your statement about the OP not specifying what country he was in.

Hi, yes I’m from Australia & yes we have a similar association, “AMAS” which I will need to join anyway as I recently purchased a RC plane & the local model aircraft club insists on its members to join the AMAS. Unfortunately AMAS interests are centred around the RC clubs, meaning I will not have to register my RC plane if I only fly at the club airfield. That’s fine, & in theory I could fly my spark exclusively at the airfield & avoid registration. No more exploring new places to video, & that’s if the club will allow it. Some RC people have a very low opinion of dji products & the people who use them.

Hi, yes I’m from Australia & yes we have a similar association, “AMAS” which I will need to join anyway as I recently purchased a RC plane & the local model aircraft club insists on its members to join the AMAS. Unfortunately AMAS interests are centred around the RC clubs, meaning I will not have to register my RC plane if I only fly at the club airfield. That’s fine, & in theory I could fly my spark exclusively at the airfield & avoid registration. No more exploring new places to video, & that’s if the club will allow it. Some RC people have a very low opinion of dji products & the people who use them.

yes, they do, but they are just spoil sports & perhaps jealous !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme