Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

We look at the large abandoned 9th house, nearly collapsed from a landslide in 1997

Amazing area - can you explain any more about it?

June 6, 1997, Dnepropetrovsk was shocked by the news about a large-scale landslide on the Topol-1 railway station and about houses "completely submerged". I remember, it was a typical summer day, my friends and I traditionally wandered from house to house, entertaining ourselves with various children's concerns. Everyone didn’t have any internet and mobile phones at that time, and the news around the city didn’t flow as fast as it is now. Only in the evening we learned from adults about what was happening and immediately decided to join the numerous onlookers, having gone to the distressful array. Approaches to the epicenter of events were cordoned off, numerous local residents sat around on things. The landslide itself was somewhere further and it was impossible to get to it, so we went to the main "viewing platform" of that day - Evpatoria overpass crossing the railway. Nothing "interesting" at that time did not happen. It was visible only a huge funnel with a spread soil, in which the remains of the structures of collapsed buildings floated. Leaning around and looking at the crowd of onlookers who, apparently, were waiting for the continuation of the spectacle, we went home. Unlike us, the direct participants in the events and residents of the neighboring houses had much more impressions of what happened. 1 person was killed, 2 thousand were left without a roof over their heads, the rest of the array are still wondering if such a story will happen again with their houses ...

Last edited:
Very interesting - thanks for elaborating!

June 6, 1997, Dnepropetrovsk
I found a discussion about it in 'Google books' ....includes a photo too.
Screenshot_20190719-101113-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful video of a very grim subject and many thanks for your memory's of the event.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex