Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Weak transmission signal on two sparks...

BrianP

Join
Jan 27, 2018
just tried to get some photos and received the ' weak transmission signal' message then lost all image transmission, getting it back at a lower height..
I was going straight up and only around 20 metres height. The spark was above houses and a clear line above and around it.
I had 11 satellites, full battery on spark and controller, ipad mini 4 (on 54%).
Just to check i landed spark and sent up his brother, another spark.
Same message.
-any clues to what was missing from the equation for getting good image transmission?
oh and I was using an otg cable but at such a low height I would not have expected issues.

*** just tried same spark combo with an iphone 8-fully charged and got 70 metres high before image transmission message. ***
I guess I could try switching the controller but I've had enough for now...

Last edited:
Hey Brian, as NikTheBuilder suggested and make sure no bluetooth enabled on the mobile or nearby. Do you have airplane mode enabled on the mobile when you fly? Does the OTG cable seat firmly? Maybe try a test without and see how it goes. If the problem persists you also have the option to change from auto to custom in the wi-fi settings to see if that might help.

Reactions: BrianP
Hi, Brian,

What was the orientation of the antenna on the RC? It still sounds low, but a combination of that with some interference from neighbouring wifi or power lines might be an explanation.
thank you...
The antenna were approx 45 degrees out.
The puzzle was that I was repeating lots of previous flights.
I appreciate you trying to help.

Hey Brian, as NikTheBuilder suggested and make sure no bluetooth enabled on the mobile or nearby. Do you have airplane mode enabled on the mobile when you fly? Does the OTG cable seat firmly? Maybe try a test without and see how it goes. If the problem persists you also have the option to change from auto to custom in the wi-fi settings to see if that might help.
thanks Rotorwash.
airplane mode wasnt selected and bluetooth was on.
The puzzle is the flight was just a repeat of many previous flights...
I will try your suggestions next time I fly in the same spot. Cheers!

just tried to get some photos and received the ' weak transmission signal' message then lost all image transmission, getting it back at a lower height..
I was going straight up and only around 20 metres height. The spark was above houses and a clear line above and around it.
I had 11 satellites, full battery on spark and controller, ipad mini 4 (on 54%).
Same message.
-any clues to what was missing from the equation for getting good image transmission?
oh and I was using an otg cable but at such a low height I would not have expected issues.

*** just tried same spark combo with an iphone 8-fully charged and got 70 metres high before image transmission message. ***
Did you had any cell phone near you?
This may explain the problem.

turn off the celle phone and you probably will solve the issue (I had the same problrm -> same solution).

Have you tried “changing channels”? This will usually do the trick.

Check out this video this guy shows how to do it in a nutshell. I look for channels with minimum interference. You can tell from the meter on the screen if the bars are low and green you are usually good to go and will have minimum interference.

Have you tried “changing channels”? This will usually do the trick.

Check out this video this guy shows how to do it in a nutshell. I look for channels with minimum interference. You can tell from the meter on the screen if the bars are low and green you are usually good to go and will have minimum interference.

I haven't tried that. Thank you for the idea!

Same message.

Did you find the solution to your problem ?
Have same with Both my Sparks but with MP video transmission is perfect

Did you find the solution to your problem ?
Have same with Both my Sparks but with MP video transmission is perfect
The combo of bluetooth on/off and the fact that the Spark was directly overhead seemed to be the major factors...

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
BT and distance didn't give thee solution.
After a further check I noticed only the 5G channels were shown in go4 app.
I knew from before this can be fixed by reconnecting RC and Spark in WiFi mode
(Pw 12341234). Then reconnect with OTG.
I realised OTG is not a 100% replacement for wifi. Eg the FCC hack can only be done in WiFi mode.
What if you switch between 2 Sparks&RC with same phone and OTG cable ?
Are settings of spark1 and Spark2 identical ????
To be short. After the reset everything ok.
So Brian, if you chance your Spark, do you take another RC and do you perform a wifi reset ?

BT and distance didn't give thee solution.
After a further check I noticed only the 5G channels were shown in go4 app.
I knew from before this can be fixed by reconnecting RC and Spark in WiFi mode
(Pw 12341234). Then reconnect with OTG.
I realised OTG is not a 100% replacement for wifi. Eg the FCC hack can only be done in WiFi mode.
What if you switch between 2 Sparks&RC with same phone and OTG cable ?
Are settings of spark1 and Spark2 identical ????
To be short. After the reset everything ok.
So Brian, if you chance your Spark, do you take another RC and do you perform a wifi reset ?
to be honest I haven't back to back testing since...
I gave my No.1 spark to my Son, who showed an interest in drone photography.
It has worked ok ever since so all good.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme