Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Weather - Wind Event in Central and Eastern Canada

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Well, summer decided to give us a good pop on the chin on her way out.... We've had 70mph gusts for the past 6 hours, and power's out for 170,000 in our province and just as many in Quebec. I had a deranged notion to take the spark up a few feet off the ground in all that... but sanity prevailed after we had a 50 foot tree come down in the driveway, luckily we moved the cars to an open area prior. It missed the house by about 15 feet. Also lucky we have a fail over generator that powers the whole house...
:p

This event was caused by a cold front moving through. Tornadoes a few hours east of here in the Ottawa Gatineau aread... hope all are safe.

Saturday should be good flying weather... and chainsaw duty too.:rolleyes:

Anyone else feel this storm?

Wow! Sounds like you got a taste of Florence in a way. Sorry to hear that you lost a tree and now have to clean it all up. I've been there and done that but it has been a long while. I did't know that you folks got that kind of weather up there. Glad to hear that there was no more damage than you had though. Are you still on generator power?

It was a bad one for sure , been picking up branches all morning and im still not finished . Lucky this time no trees down.

We got a pretty good blow here in the northeastern US as well (I'm about an hour from Montreal). I too spent yesterday afternoon with the chainsaw! Glad to hear you are ok.

LP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe