Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

what are the conditions to record video and photos to the phone?

PhotoGD

Join
Jun 10, 2018
I have an SD card in the spark. But I have the app set to cache video to the phone as well.

I notice that only about 50% of the time it will save video or photo to the phone as well.

For example, my most recent flight list from today:

Flight at the bottom I took 5 photos but it shows none. And none are in my phone anywhere.

However the other 3 flights have correct number of photos and they are saved to my phone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Its doing the same thing for video... Sometimes it saves and sometimes it doesn't.

Its not a storage issue. I have 512gb of storage on the SD card in my phone.

I have an Android device and the cached images I have are in the Gallery, under a folder titled Cache Image. Another one titled DJI Record.
These were created by the App.

The images are very poor and should not be used for viewing. It's best to download the pictures from the Spark.

There's probably a similar folder(s) in the camera roll of Apple products.

I don't think the flight records will reflect all of the footage per flight but random parts of it as a reference to a particular flight.

No.

You can transfer the files via WiFi from the Spark to your device after a flight but it requires the Spark to be ON when doing this. I'd rather use the battery for flying, not transferring files.

Pop the card out of the Spark, dump the files to your PC or device via a card reader if you don't want to edit on the PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe