Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you guys use as a display? Your phone, or are you using a tablet? What works the best for control and viewing experience.

I have always used my phone but last week i used an iPad. It was a game changer. I ordered a tablet holder that came in yesterday and will be testing it out this afternoon.

Use iPhone and iPad mini. First one is more convenient because you are always carrying it but, as one can expect, the experience is way better with a bigger screen that help you identify easily where you are when flying.

the experience is way better with a bigger screen that help you identify easily where you are when flying.

I agree.

I also noticed with the larger screen of the mini4, I have the map and the attitude indicator displayed at the same time.

If I fly with my Droid phones, the screen is small and I have to toggle between the map and indicator to choose one to display.

Reactions: lferrero
I use an old Samsung 5 and leave it in the controller. Still stores in the bag okay. I tried a 8" tablet, but prefer the phone size.

I've used an iPad mini 4 since getting my spark in March. It's not as bright as my old eyes need, so recently got Crystal Sky. I found a bundle on Ebay that included used 5.5" CS, mount, DJI hood/cover (great!), making the cost of CS affordable. Much brighter! If I ever do commercial work (w/ better drone), I'll consider the larger, Ultra Bright CS.

Reactions: Spark 317
I fly with my iPad6 mainly because I find it easier to see the info I need. I have a screen shade and yes, the whole lot is a bit cumbersome when it’s rigged but with my eyes at my age I’m afraid the 9” screen is vital. I wear my driving glasses too as these give me the distance vision I must have to keep the craft in sight. Realise this won’t help a lot as you’re eyes are 46 years younger, but you did ask. Happy and safe flying.

I've used an iPad mini 4 since getting my spark in March. It's not as bright as my old eyes need, so recently got Crystal Sky. I found a bundle on Ebay that included used 5.5" CS, mount, DJI hood/cover (great!), making the cost of CS affordable. Much brighter! If I ever do commercial work (w/ better drone), I'll consider the larger, Ultra Bright CS.

Last edited:
Is that the DJI Monitor? (there are several on Amazon, and they are cheap, like $40)
Crystal Sky is a DJI product, but not cheap. The 5.5" version is about $469, the 7.85" much more. The bigger one comes in two versions; High Brightness (1000 nits) or Ultra Bright (2000 nits). The mounts to use with your controller would be $40 and up.

Huawei MediaPad M3 with a tablet holder and OTG cable. Works great so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers