Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What hardware do you use for DaVinci Resolve

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
I heard a lot of people here use this for video editing, however I was unable to run it on my PC. Someone at Black Magic Design told me they recommend a minimum of 6GB of video RAM. I believe graphics cards with that much RAM run $500-$1000 and about the only other software that needs that kind of graphics muscle are games which I'm not interested in. I'm planning to build a new PC or perhaps dump Windows and buy a Mac. Is DaVinci worth the hardware investment?

Last edited:
My daughter built a recent PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 CPU and is able to run Da Vinci easily. I have an older intel i3 CPU that might could run it, but it requires Win10 and I'm not ready to move away from Win7, so I can't say for sure. She has a lot of editing experience, so I take her word as gospel that Da Vinci is highly capable. Until such times as I decide otherwise, VSDC looks to be good enough for me.

My daughter built a recent PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 CPU and is able to run Da Vinci easily. I have an older intel i3 CPU that might could run it, but it requires Win10 and I'm not ready to move away from Win7, so I can't say for sure. She has a lot of editing experience, so I take her word as gospel that Da Vinci is highly capable. Until such times as I decide otherwise, VSDC looks to be good enough for me.
What video card does your daughter's build have?

I use an Intel i3 laptop too and it is impossible to use Da Vinci Resolve. So don't even bother trying. I am thinking about upgrading my laptop too but right now Wondershare Filmora is doing the job for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: loup
What video card does your daughter's build have?

I hope you get the best recommended configuration on this thread. I am looking to upgrade too and so I will also be following this thread. I would also like to add that another thing to consider for a good video editing setup is to have a SSD hard drive. I have heard it does wonders to the speed of editing.

Reactions: RotorWash
I hope you get the best recommended configuration on this thread. I am looking to upgrade too and so I will also be following this thread. I would also like to add that another thing to consider for a good video editing setup is to have a SSD hard drive. I have heard it does wonders to the speed of editing.
My present rig has a 120GB SSD for OS and programs and a 2TB spinner for data. The price of SSDs has really dropped. I think now I'd again use the small SSD for OS and progs, a 1TB SSD for active data and big spinners for storage.

Reactions: nilanjan118

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme