Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is the sequence for starting a Spark?

wim

Join
Jun 28, 2017
I got my Spark controller today but I find it hard to connect to the Spark. More often I have started the Spark by connecting the RC, only to find that the Spark is not connected. Then I have to go all over to the process of linking the remote to the Spark for the app to connect. This is getting bothersome; so what is the right way to start up a Spark that has an RC?

Turn on the Spark
Turn on the RC, wait for the LED change from RED blinking to green
Bingo
If it fails, restart the RC

I have noticed that if you start the RC too early, it fails to detect the Spark.
Status lamp on RC from power up:
  • Red blink for ~15 seconds, search for Spark
  • Then RED fix, link fail
    or
  • GREEN fix, link ok
If the RC reach the RED fix status, then it can take some time (I have seen up to 20 seconds after Spark yellow flash fast to indicate no RC) to establish the link. First I thought it cannot relink after it get RED, but it finally reconnect on mine.

If I restart the RC after connection, then it link back to the Spark, but sometimes it stays ON in RED for a few seconds until it gets GREEN, sometimes it is quick.

Reactions: wim
Turn on the Spark
Turn on the RC, wait for the LED change from RED blinking to green
Bingo
If it fails, restart the RC

I have noticed that if you start the RC too early, it fails to detect the Spark.
Status lamp on RC from power up:
  • Red blink for ~15 seconds, search for Spark
  • Then RED fix, link fail
    or
  • GREEN fix, link ok
If the RC reach the RED fix status, then it can take some time (I have seen up to 20 seconds after Spark yellow flash fast to indicate no RC) to establish the link. First I thought it cannot relink after it get RED, but it finally reconnect on mine.

If I restart the RC after connection, then it link back to the Spark, but sometimes it stays ON in RED for a few seconds until it gets GREEN, sometimes it is quick.
Thanks a lot for the information. Now my Spark connects like magic!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav