Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is your experience using the Litchi app with the Spark?

Andrei

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Hi
I have to say that I really *do* like the DJI Go 4 app. But I am sick and tired of the geofencing. Mind you, I don't break the law, but I also realize that if I am in a location where I don't have cellphone coverage and the DJI Go 4's geofencing limits me (or even prevents me from taking off) then I am screwed.
So I want to ask you about Lichi? If I purchase Litchi, can I kiss that stupid geofencing goodbye?
Does Litchi do waypoints?
More generally, how does Litchi compare with the DJI Go 4 app?
Most importantly, would you say that it is as safe as the DJI Go 4 app?
One the Google Play Store I see the Litchi for the Mavic and the Phantom. Is there a specialized Litchi for the Spark and, if yes, were can I download it?
Thanks!

You should look up Litchi on YouTube. I think you will find all of your answers there.

I use both Litchi and DJI GO, for free flight I use DJI GO, and for waypoints I use Litchi. I do think that I get better signal strength and distance with DJI Go, seem to lose connection quicker with Litchi.
I find the opposite with the latest release of go4

Reactions: Andrei
thank you for your replies!
can you please let me know specifically:
1) does Litchi have also geocashing restrictions?
2) which version of Litchi do I download for the Spark?
Thank you

thank you for your replies!
can you please let me know specifically:
1) does Litchi have also geocashing restrictions?
2) which version of Litchi do I download for the Spark?
Thank you
Your drone will slow/stop when it gets to a "geo-fenced" area, even with Litchi. However, you will get no message on the screen with Litchi. You'll just wonder why your drone is stopping/slowing. Since I just flew that same area with DJI Go 4, and saw the "fence", I knew it was there. I then flew the same area with Litchi, and my drone still slowed/stopped when it got to the boundary, but there was no message on the screen. It just showed the video like normal.

Your drone will slow/stop when it gets to a "geo-fenced" area, even with Litchi. However, you will get no message on the screen with Litchi. You'll just wonder why your drone is stopping/slowing. Since I just flew that same area with DJI Go 4, and saw the "fence", I knew it was there. I then flew the same area with Litchi, and my drone still slowed/stopped when it got to the boundary, but there was no message on the screen. It just showed the video like normal.

are you sure about that?
I installed Litchi and I can take off in my room (less than 2 miles from an airport): DJI GO does not let me do it. Litchi did.
However,
After I purchased Litchi I tested it and, guess what I found out?
I am limited to a max altitude of 50m.
When I tried to change that, I get a message telling me that this max altitude could not be changed and that I should check whether my aircraft is connected, which it is.
And that has me very frustrated by now.
The DJI Spark is an awesome drone which I love.
But I hate the stupid geofencing in the DJI GO (and I won't even mention the convoluted way one needs to request a waiver from China!).
Now Litchi limits me to 50m altitude.
Is there no app out there which would allow me to finally enjoy my Spark without having to struggle with all that nonsense?!
sorry, I am really frustrated by all this...

are you sure about that?
I installed Litchi and I can take off in my room (less than 2 miles from an airport): DJI GO does not let me do it. Litchi did.
However,
After I purchased Litchi I tested it and, guess what I found out?
I am limited to a max altitude of 50m.
When I tried to change that, I get a message telling me that this max altitude could not be changed and that I should check whether my aircraft is connected, which it is.
And that has me very frustrated by now.
The DJI Spark is an awesome drone which I love.
But I hate the stupid geofencing in the DJI GO (and I won't even mention the convoluted way one needs to request a waiver from China!).
Now Litchi limits me to 50m altitude.
Is there no app out there which would allow me to finally enjoy my Spark without having to struggle with all that nonsense?!
sorry, I am really frustrated by all this...

It is going to be something simple limiting you to 50m
I have 500m limit here in the states.

It is going to be something simple limiting you to 50m
I have 500m limit here in the states.
I am in the states too...

Try NLD, no limitz drone. I use it on my spark with good results.
I wish I could, but I am afraid that NLD only works with Windows (I only use GNU/Linux).
and, just to make things worse,
Now Litchi also refuses to take-off in my room (due to an "undefined" or "unknown" - not sure which - error).
So it does look like Litchi also apes the DJI Go geofencing :-(
Boy, to think that I paid 25 bucks for such a buggy and, frankly, crappy app is rather discouraging, I was having high hopes to break free from these geofencing issues...

I wish I could, but I am afraid that NLD only works with Windows (I only use GNU/Linux).
and, just to make things worse,
Now Litchi also refuses to take-off in my room (due to an "undefined" or "unknown" - not sure which - error).
So it does look like Litchi also apes the DJI Go geofencing :-(
Boy, to think that I paid 25 bucks for such a buggy and, frankly, crappy app is rather discouraging, I was having high hopes to break free from these geofencing issues...

No, Litchi is not for indoor that is for sure.
It does not take the place of DJI GO 4, it is more enhanced.
It is something else leading to your geofence, altitude issues.

Where are you and I will look it up on AirMap

Also, you can contact Litchi with your concerns [email protected]

Last edited:
I found what causes the altitude issue with Litchi: Litchi cannot change the altitude setting on the Spark when it is connected by an OTG cable.
When I connect it with WIFI, I can set it normally.
What is irritating is that I cannot switch from WIFI to OTG, Litchi simply does not allow that.
Also, I noticed yet another bug: depending on how you connect to the RC, the Spark's camera turns black in Litchi (while working in the DJI Go app).
So, all in all, Litchi is a very needed and useful app, but it is buggy and has plenty of problems which need to be fixed.
I did email Litchi support by the way - I am interesting to see how good/bad their customer support is.

As for me, I might have to purchase some cheapo Windoze computer to run nolimitdronez.com which, hopefully, will fix my problems
Cheers!

I found what causes the altitude issue with Litchi: Litchi cannot change the altitude setting on the Spark when it is connected by an OTG cable.
When I connect it with WIFI, I can set it normally.
What is irritating is that I cannot switch from WIFI to OTG, Litchi simply does not allow that.
Also, I noticed yet another bug: depending on how you connect to the RC, the Spark's camera turns black in Litchi (while working in the DJI Go app).
So, all in all, Litchi is a very needed and useful app, but it is buggy and has plenty of problems which need to be fixed.
I did email Litchi support by the way - I am interesting to see how good/bad their customer support is.

As for me, I might have to purchase some cheapo Windoze computer to run nolimitdronez.com which, hopefully, will fix my problems
Cheers!

Litchi is intended to work stand alone.
Not in conjunction with DJI GO 4.
Use one or the other and Litchi works great!
There are very few bugs within the program.
I have been using it for the past 9 months and it is a great program worth every cent.

If you think you have problems with litchi, just wait till you hit NLZ, talk about buggy and hard to set correctly.
Glad you didn't start with AutoPilot.
There's a learning curve for sure!

Last edited:
I use both. Always Go4 for free flight and litchi for waypoints as it’s the only choice.

I agree there are bugs. Sometimes in litchi I get a black screen instead of the video stream. I have to kill the app and restart. Other than that the litchi app is amazing. It’s not very intuitive on how to setup the way the drone points when flying a mission but otherwise waypoints missions are great and you can create them offline on their website. Superb app.

Reactions: desert spark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme