Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What mount do you use? Controller clamps or separate mount?

Chaz2b

Join
Jan 1, 2019
Went flying today with my friend, both flying Sparks, but I had some issues with my Samsung 6 edge.
As I use the controller arms, I find that occasionally I have either disabled the video or touched another function inadvertently because the phone is below the controller.
For me this is not the best location also as when flying your thumbs are obscuring the edges of the phone, looking at my mates position, ( he’s using a Huawei p20 pro ) it’s above the controller, and as it requires a separate mount, he can adjust the angle of his screen for less glare.
Plus having the screen above the controller it’s much easier to watch what’s going on and less likely to touch the screen inadvertently.
Why hasn’t DJI made a controller with built in display for Sparks, Or have they? and I’ve not seen it.

Chaz

Last edited:
You can find a list of commonly used tablet mounts here.

Why hasn’t DJI made a controller with built in display for Sparks, Or have they? and I’ve not seen it.
Such a product doesn't exist.

Why didn't DJI create it? Perhaps they didn't think most Spark owners would buy a remote controller that's about double the cost of a Spark.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Went flying today with my friend, both flying Sparks, but I had some issues with my Samsung 6 edge.
As I use the controller arms, I find that occasionally I have either disabled the video or touched another function inadvertently because the phone is below the controller.
For me this is not the best location also as when flying your thumbs are obscuring the edges of the phone, looking at my mates position, ( he’s using a Huawei p20 pro ) it’s above the controller, and as it requires a separate mount, he can adjust the angle of his screen for less glare.
Plus having the screen above the controller it’s much easier to watch what’s going on and less likely to touch the screen inadvertently.

Chaz

There are some trick you can do and if I read your post right I'll try to take some pic's tomorrow if I have some time an I'll post it for you? When I buy something like the spark an it don't come with thing's like the more expensive model I try to find a fix for it and that's what I did with the spark drone. Be on the look out? In tell then take it easy.

Het Chaz

I have this one I don't use you can have it FREE 5.00 for shipping if in the US it didn't work well with my iPad 9.7 it's brand new it snaps on the remote body. all plastic

1551075583789.png1551075669215.png

You can find a list of commonly used tablet mounts here.

Such a product doesn't exist.

Why didn't DJI create it? Perhaps they didn't think most Spark owners would buy a remote controller that's about double the cost of a Spark.

Which is true to a point, that being there are probably more drone fliers now than jet powered models, and you can fly one of them on either a 6 channel cheapie, or a flaming expensive 14 channel Futaba! At least you have choice, can I fly the Spark on radios other than DJI?
The ergonomics are not very well thought out regarding attaching third party displays, as I have said, having the screen below the controller is not conducive to hand/eye interactions. Perhaps it’s because I have truck driver hands ,lol. And yes, I am a truck driver.

There are some trick you can do and if I read your post right I'll try to take some pic's tomorrow if I have some time an I'll post it for you? When I buy something like the spark an it don't come with thing's like the more expensive model I try to find a fix for it and that's what I did with the spark drone. Be on the look out? In tell then take it easy.

I’m intrigued .

One thing I’ll add, as a model aircraft builder and flier since 1984, I find it difficult to take my eyes off the Spark once it’s flying, the number one rule to all fliers is never take your eye off the aircraft.
Flying the Spark through the crafts own “eyes” is taking some getting use to.

Chaz

Reactions: Highflyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit