Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where to start... Gimbal, vision system, and GPS issues

mcven32

Join
Jul 14, 2018
This started with a crash where I broke the gimbal. I replaced, but broke the IMU ribbon in the process. I then replaced the IMU ribbon, but then broke the front sensor ribbon in the process. The gimbal, IMU module, and sensor ribbon have all been replaced using used eBay parts. The gimbal, front sensor, and downward sensors are not connected in the picture below, but i have connected and disconnected everything 5+ times to ensure nothing is loose.

IMG_1936.jpg

I receive all of the following when turning on the device.
IMG_1940.PNG

I receive the following when I try to make the aircraft takeoff, but the GPS is completely connected.
IMG_1939.PNG

I did a factory reset and downgraded the irmware to see if that would help--No luck. I have a feeling the the downward vision sensors are causing a gimbal motor overload error that comes and goes and causes the gimbal to move erratically and position itself looking unnaturally upwards at roughly -10 degrees.

All ribbons appear to be fully connected and compass/IMU successfully calibrated.
IMG_1942.PNG IMG_1941.PNG

The only issue I can see are a few broken pins on the motherboard that connect it to the IMU module, but again, the IMU is calibrated without issue. The downward sensor is clear and unobstructed.

IMG_1935.jpg

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

Your pictures cannot be viewed, sorry to start with bad news.

Hi and welcome.

Your pictures cannot be viewed, sorry to start with bad news.

Thanks Dronason. I have changed the upload method, hopefully solving the issue. Disregard the labels on the first picture as you all are likely familiar. They were originally meant to show what components I changed on the device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex