Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

WiFi connectivity

HJK1816

Join
Jul 29, 2019
I just got my Spark last weekend.
I am having issues connecting to my drone.

We just went to the Google Mesh point wifi and I'm having issues with everything (for the most part) in my house. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
I've tried everything that is recommended on how to connect. It will show up in my wifi on my phone but when I try to connect my drone and/or controller to it, it says to check my wireless connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, HJK1816.

You are probably getting a prompt about internet service unavailable, which the Spark doesn't have and doesn't need.
Just ignore the message.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: HJK1816
"Internet may not be available"
For a long time I flew near my mountain home where there is no cell service so of course internet wouldn't be available If my phone's WiFi was tied up with the RC. But when I saw it flying in an area with strong cell service, WTF? Seems like a pretty dumb message. dji might as well warn that it gets dark at night.

Reactions: HJK1816
The tip that helped me was to turn off auto join on my phone's wifi. that way I can tell it what to join so while I am trying to connect to the spark (actually to the remote and the remote connects to the drone), my phone does not do its own thing connecting to the home network. When I get out in the field, this is not an issue.

"Internet may not be available"
For a long time I flew near my mountain home where there is no cell service so of course internet wouldn't be available If my phone's WiFi was tied up with the RC. But when I saw it flying in an area with strong cell service, WTF? Seems like a pretty dumb message. dji might as well warn that it gets dark at night.
It gets dark at night? My lights go on, check your batteries, check the water in your landing gear....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef