Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wrong Timestamp on Videos

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I’m having a strange issue with my videos when importing my pics/vids from my Spark to my iPad Pro (12.4.1). The vids all have an incorrect timestamp. My imported pictures have the correct timestamp (taken within an hour of each other), but my videos do not. I’ve also noticed that all of my videos occur between 7am and 10am which is incorrect. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Last edited:
I’m having a strange issue with my videos when importing my pics/vids from my Spark to my iPad Pro (12.4.1). The vids all have an incorrect timestamp. My imported pictures have the correct timestamp (taken within an hour of each other), but my videos do not. I’ve also noticed that all of my videos occur between 7am and 10am which is incorrect. Has anyone ran into this issue?

How are you noting time stamps?
File properties?

How are you noting time stamps?
File properties?
I just noticed it in Photos on my iPad. When I loaded one of the same videos on my windows laptop it showed the correct timestamp. The day was correct but the times on all the videos had an AM time when I shot all the videos in the PM.

Reactions: pmshop
On my iPad I have the same results. Videos and photos are time stamped with 3 hours difference from photos to videos. When I copy to my OneDrive or laptop the time stamp changes. Still not the same hour but different than what shows on the SD Card. The time stamp are at least in chronological order.

On my iPad I have the same results. Videos and photos are time stamped with 3 hours difference from photos to videos. When I copy to my OneDrive or laptop the time stamp changes. Still not the same hour but different than what shows on the SD Card. The time stamp are at least in chronological order.
Yeah, I think it’s an issue with IOS.

Video files do not have the same EXIF data as photos do and as a result, the iPad/iPhone/Mac will not accept the timestamp put into the video by the Spark. I ran into the same problem while flying a Yuneec drone and it drove me nuts. Now when I import, I always batch change the time by adding (in my case) 5 hours to the time displayed. It's a PITA but now you know why.

Reactions: SparkinItUp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit