Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Yaw Error (repeated 50 times)

Phxbird57

Join
Apr 15, 2019
Any ideas on why I'm getting this after I was in flight for 3 minutes. I just did a IMU and Compass cal. after wards.

A hell of a ride, max speed at 77kph/48mph!
I have no really good answer on this one.
I've had a log like that too, a year ago or so.
Calibrate IMU and compass far from concrete, steel, wires, car..
Fingers crossed you will not experience a scary ride like this again.

Reactions: Spark 317
Something also happens at the 7:11 mark... It goes from 48 mph to 0 in 0.1sec..
The gps coordinate must have "jumped".. maybe an internal reboot of processor.
Or there was a wifi jammer near by...
Re-calibrate everything before next flight.
Stay away from the area.. *s*

Ok, I have told you I too had a log like yours.
Since, I've done 200 flights.
No issues like this again
So your drone is probably still ok.

Something also happens at the 7:11 mark... It goes from 48 mph to 0 in 0.1sec..
The gps coordinate must have "jumped".. maybe an internal reboot of processor.
Or there was a wifi jammer near by...
Re-calibrate everything before next flight.
Stay away from the area.. *s*

Ok, I have told you I too had a log like yours.
Since, I've done 200 flights.
No issues like this again
So your drone is probably still ok.
If I could only get it to 48 mph in the first place.......

now it's funny you say WIFI Jammer. that parking garage you see in the my video I posted. Belongs to Pay Pal. and we have been asked not to fly over their buildings. Which you can see I'm not close to them. I have done a IMU , Compass Cal. since this flight and a Controller calibration also.

update on my Spark. I did an IMU ,Compass and controller Calibration. It did take two times to get the compass to calibrate, checked make sure all software was updated and took it out
here is the data from airdata for that flight. I did not fly the same flight path that I had the problem with. I did drive over there with my truck and a Wifi analyzer. was picking up signals from the building. Mostly resorts in the area. I do find it odd that there are a few that is having the same problem.

now it's funny you say WIFI Jammer. that parking garage you see in the my video I posted. Belongs to Pay Pal. and we have been asked not to fly over their buildings. Which you can see I'm not close to them. I have done a IMU , Compass Cal. since this flight and a Controller calibration also.
At what point did it fly away on its own

Seems odd that it dropped into ATTI mode with 16 satellites. Was it windy that day? Could a tail wind account for the high speed? And how would it calculate a ground speed without the GPS? The IMU perhaps? Saw one warning about magnetic interference, but that was well after it dropped into ATTI mode and the yaw errors started to appear.

Seems odd that it dropped into ATTI mode with 16 satellites. Was it windy that day? Could a tail wind account for the high speed? And how would it calculate a ground speed without the GPS? The IMU perhaps? Saw one warning about magnetic interference, but that was well after it dropped into ATTI mode and the yaw errors started to appear.
very little wind maybe 3 or 4 mph coming from the east.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme