Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

You want it? You got it! YAW and ATTI mode!!!

Richard Ruckert

Join
Sep 4, 2017
The Spark is great. The Spark YAW...not so much...until now!

Watch these two videos to improve YAW, and Atti mode
YAW is what the big drones have with their fancy three axis gimbals. Is the third axis necessary, or can we just slow down the YAW via EXPO like the big drones do? If you watch first time Mavic Pro pilots YAW, you can tell it's as jerky as the Spark YAW. So, how do the more advance Mavic Pro pilots fly? With a reduced EXPO

Many thanks to Wolfgang Mahringer.

Wow, Just when I thought I knew everything about the Spark.

Thanks as I enjoyed his Videos and especially his "Back yard"

Reactions: alditenen
Thank You....i think i will use your advice
By the way....Nice country, houses, mountains, grass,......where is it? Be well

I wonder if it can switch to "cinema mode" instead of atti
Anyone have the disignated number/code for each mode?
We already know:
8 = Sport mode
7 = GPS mode
3 = atti mode

How about 1,2,4,5,6,or 9,10...?
We know that we can activate cinema mode with dji mod. Maybe there is designated number for this mode?

Last edited:
We already know:
8 = Sport mode
7 = GPS mode
3 = atti mode

We know that we can activate cinema mode with dji mod. Maybe there is designated number for this mode?
that would be awesome

We already know:
8 = Sport mode
7 = GPS mode
3 = atti mode

Flight mode switch:
  • 0 = MANUAL (GPS position and Altitude Stabilization are disabled)
  • 1 = GPS (no noticed difference)
  • 2 = GPS (no noticed difference)
  • 3 = ATTI (Altitude Stabilization)
  • 4 = GPS (GPS mode indicated, sport mode speed)
  • 5 = GPS (no noticed difference)
  • 6 = Beginner
  • 7 = GPS (Factory Default)
  • 8 = Sport (Factory Default)
  • 9 = Farming (aka betaFlight Angle, Altitude stabilization with RTH capability )
  • 10 = GPS (no noticed difference)
  • 11 = GPS (no noticed difference)
  • 12 = Tripod
DISCLAIMER: Has not tested yet, and some modes could be for other DJI drone models only.

Edit: Added text..

Last edited:
Number 4 seems quite similar with cinema mode. May just need to try and test the gimbal response...

If you want to break your beloved Spark:

Manual mode (allows flips and barrel rolls)
Change your “Sport” mode -switch to unassisted “Manual” mode. Fly only on open-area you are confident to train on. Idle is +50% and the drone will climb if you don't respond with throttle down. This is essentially a RC-helicopter mode which traditionally have no FC/IMU and is solely defendant on pilot skill. When switching back to “Normal” mode, make sure that the drone is right way up and is not tipped over it's horizontal or vertical axis. Failing to abide this will calibrate your IMU with the drone wrong way up and it will not automatically flip over. This is a sure way to damage your drone as it will fly towards the ground...

Fly safe!

Reactions: rcdancer

Change your “Sport” mode -switch to unassisted “Manual” mode. Fly only on open-area you are confident to train on. Idle is +50% and the drone will climb if you don't respond with throttle down. This is essentially a RC-helicopter mode which traditionally have no FC/IMU and is solely defendant on pilot skill. When switching back to “Normal” mode, make sure that the drone is right way up and is not tipped over it's horizontal or vertical axis. Failing to abide this will calibrate your IMU with the drone wrong way up and it will not automatically flip over. This is a sure way to damage your drone as it will fly towards the ground...

Fly safe!
No thanks, I will only try number 4 only...

Just tried number 4, nothing different with gps mode. Just a warning in phone app that you are flying in non P mode, and need to toggle back to P mode.

Just tried number 4, nothing different with gps mode. Just a warning in phone app that you are flying in non P mode, and need to toggle back to P mode.
Thanks for the feedback!
Some parameter entries has been disabled in newer FW's...
They reset's when reboot/reconnect RC-AC connection.
I still think these parameters is unaffected.. problem is we're not sure what they do ;)

Two very good videos that everyone should watch, thanks for the heads up.

The yaw expo change is especially useful, I'll be trying it ASAP.

Fly safe!

I flew RC helicopters for a while several years ago .... big ones with a 6 ft rotor diameter. Very expensive hobby. Problem is that the learning curve is huge and requires deep pockets every time you crash it. I finally gave it up, tired of all the money. In contrast, drones are heavenly, can fly much further and higher (FPV) and much more practical. :) Knock on wood - after several months and many flights - I have yet to even break a prop with the Spark.

I flew RC helicopters for a while several years ago .... big ones with a 6 ft rotor diameter. Very expensive hobby. Problem is that the learning curve is huge and requires deep pockets every time you crash it. I finally gave it up, tired of all the money. In contrast, drones are heavenly. :)

I still have a couple of very small helis, including a gyro stabilised flybarless Nine Eagles SoloPro 125.

I gave away the Esky CP2 with brushless and heavily modded flight controller that I still struggled with and crashed over about 4 years, it was just too depressing. :D

I still have a couple of very small helis, including a gyro stabilised flybarless Nine Eagles SoloPro 125.

I gave away the Esky CP2 with brushless and heavily modded flight controller that I still struggled with and crashed over about 4 years, it was just too depressing. :D

Every crash sent me into depression just thinking about how I was going to have to tell the wife how much it was going to cost to repair it. When I purchased the Spark I think she was leery, although she never said anything. But I could tell she was relieved the first time I came home from flying it ...... with no damage.

Two very good videos that everyone should watch, thanks for the heads up.

The yaw expo change is especially useful, I'll be trying it ASAP.
I would love to see how this works out for you, a video example. I was not that impressed with Richard's original example, still seemed to stutter... probably a bitrate thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme