Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

200 Foot power line tower light replacement.

JordanGrabe

Join
Aug 13, 2018
Took this while our crew was swapping out old aviation lights on 6 200 foot tall towers. This was my first start to finish editing that I was kinda happy with. I'm starting to learn to use Davinci Resolve. But I'm completely new to editing and drone filming.

I'd like to do more work related videos. So when I get a chance to I video the guys doing some cool line work jobs.

Well video editing and drone filming is a lot simpler than what those guys were doing there. Hats off. I totally enjoyed your video. Nice cuts in sync with the music and good flying too.

Last edited:
WOW - You nailed that video! Great work. Did the crew like you filming them? Make sure the company does not use the video for promo purposes unless you are licensed to fly (107). You could get pinched.

Took this while our crew was swapping out old aviation lights on 6 200 foot tall towers. This was my first start to finish editing that I was kinda happy with. I'm starting to learn to use Davinci Resolve. But I'm completely new to editing and drone filming.

I'd like to do more work related videos. So when I get a chance to I video the guys doing some cool line work jobs.

Great video !!!

Reactions: JordanGrabe
Wow, Great and well done.
We really "feel" the challenge of those guys...

WOW, you wouldn't catch my A** up their ? nice video.

Talk about an office with a view.?

Great shots and well edited.

I liked the shot of the distant towers with the strobes flashing. It shows how important they are and why they need to be maintained.

Cool video !!!

Thanks everyone. I have alot more work footage I just need to clean them up and polish them a bit. I'd like to be more fluent in Davinci Resolve. It seems like such a power editing program I feel lost in it sometimes. I figured better just learn it cause it'll be better to learn it now then later.

Well, you wouldnt get me up there... no sir. Respect to those fellas though, thats a hell of a job they are doing. One of the great things about drones, you can take in the heights without leaving the ground... works for me. :cool: Well done on your video. Thoroughly enjoyed that.

This was shot in November. I've taken more video of our crew over the winter doing different types of line work just have to cut it up and clean it up.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502