Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A Day Carp Fishing- with some other photography...

So glad you could have a chance to get back to your number one hobby and be lucky/skilled enough to have a productive day. Curious Brian, have you ever or do you eat carp? Not popular here in the States.
I enjoyed watching you have some time to relax. Thanks for sharing my friend.

So glad you could have a chance to get back to your number one hobby and be lucky/skilled enough to have a productive day. Curious Brian, have you ever or do you eat carp? Not popular here in the States.
I enjoyed watching you have some time to relax. Thanks for sharing my friend.
Thank you Dragonfly Joe, yes I do love the Carp fishing sport and it is a very structured yet relaxing activity.
Yesterday I got to witness a new bird species, for me. It could run vertically up a tree!
The lake owner did mention it's name but I was not paying attention and cannot remember it;s name.
Nature is truly wonderful!

The Carp scene in the U.K is catch and return. It's a big money spinner for the lake owners and they are fiercely protective of their stock. My fav' lake has the lot for me... you can park very close to your chosen 'peg', have a kettle on throughout the day and the owners and bailiff are very friendly and always ask how the fishing is going, A funny thing happens frequently... sound travels easily across and around the lake, the owner can be heard saying to struggling anglers ' that guy over there is catching...' lol . I get referrals as to how ???

Yesterday I got to witness a new bird species, for me. It could run vertically up a tree! The lake owner did mention it's name but I was not paying attention and cannot remember it;s name.
I bet twickers knows, he's like the Birdman from Alcatraz that guy! ?
the owner can be heard saying to struggling anglers ' that guy over there is catching...' lol . I get referrals as to how ???
:) that's great Brian, you definitely know your stuff!! ? It was a grand day for fishing and it sure was good to see you get out there! ?

I bet twickers knows, he's like the Birdman from Alcatraz that guy! ?

:) that's great Brian, you definitely know your stuff!! ? It was a grand day for fishing and it sure was good to see you get out there! ?
Cheers Rotorwash... spreading the love really works . All I do is what I enjoy and share where it brings support.
Just heard the news of a new Oct Grandchild... my mind is whirring...

Congratulations Brian! If Noah gets a hand made rocking horse and a motor bike I can't imagine what must be in store for your October Grandchild. Your family tree continues to sprout new limbs. Fun times.

The Carp scene in the U.K is catch and return. It's a big money spinner for the lake owners

That's interesting Brian.
Are these run of the mill European Carp ?

If so, they were introduced into our river systems with the new settlements of the 1800's era. and have done very well.
In fact they are considered our rivers #1 pest species, as they greatly disturb the riverbanks, food sources, promote algae growth, squeeze out other native species.

Fishing for them is quite popular, along with native Callop, Murray River Cod, mostly that are catch and release by sports fishermen/women.
However, while it's not illegal* to return live Carp to the water, it is strongly discouraged by our fisheries authorities.

2 states it is illegal to release live European Carp, and one can be fined for doing so !
From memory, Queensland is a fine of around $200,000 (GBP 111,330), in Victoria too, not sure of the fine there.
Here in my home state of South Australia, you can't put them into a private dam or lake, or any other non native fish.

Enjoy your fishing and droning, hopefully the covid situation there can settle a bit more and not have lockdowns recurring.

Congratulations Brian! If Noah gets a hand made rocking horse and a motor bike I can't imagine what must be in store for your October Grandchild. Your family tree continues to sprout new limbs. Fun times.
Cheers Dragonfly Joe, it is still sinking in...

Reactions: RotorWash
That's interesting Brian.
Are these run of the mill European Carp ?

If so, they were introduced into our river systems with the new settlements of the 1800's era. and have done very well.
In fact they are considered our rivers #1 pest species, as they greatly disturb the riverbanks, food sources, promote algae growth, squeeze out other native species.

Fishing for them is quite popular, along with native Callop, Murray River Cod, mostly that are catch and release by sports fishermen/women.
However, while it's not illegal* to return live Carp to the water, it is strongly discouraged by our fisheries authorities.

2 states it is illegal to release live European Carp, and one can be fined for doing so !
From memory, Queensland is a fine of around $200,000 (GBP 111,330), in Victoria too, not sure of the fine there.
Here in my home state of South Australia, you can't put them into a private dam or lake, or any other non native fish.

Enjoy your fishing and droning, hopefully the covid situation there can settle a bit more and not have lockdowns recurring.
I'm afraid I am no expert on the strains of Carp, sorry.
I target Grass Carp and the other Carp, Common, Mirror, Ghost, are just supporting actors, prolific but not as exciting!
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.
On a side note, one of my Son's works in F1 and loves the Australian trip when times allow. Thank you and your fellow countrymen for the hospitality you have shown during his visits over the last eleven years.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
I'm afraid I am no expert on the strains of Carp, sorry.
I target Grass Carp and the other Carp, Common, Mirror, Ghost, are just supporting actors, prolific but not as exciting!
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.
On a side note, one of my Son's works in F1 and loves the Australian trip when times allow. Thank you and your fellow countrymen for the hospitality you have shown during his visits over the last eleven years.

Thanks Brian, looking at the one you landed, it looks like a European (which could well be what you referred to as Common), wasn't aware of the others there.
F1, if a while back it was held in my home city Adelaide for many years, before pinched (lol) by Melbourne (Victoria).
Glad he liked his visits, it's a pretty different place for many visitors, most can't get over how vast and somewhat remote it is inland away from 90% of the countries population.
Cheers, and happy fishing.

Reactions: BrianP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast