Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A disused Ski village and a abandoned mine

Pixies Channel

Join
May 27, 2018
Sheffield Ski Village was an artificial ski slope complex in the Parkwood Springs area of Sheffield, England which operated from 1988 until it was destroyed by fire in 2012. It was believed to be the largest artificial ski resort in Europe with a sports shop, bar, restaurant and a range of slopes which included a Snowflex nursery slope, a dendix recreational slope and a freestyle park consisting of a half pipe, hip jump, kicker, a quarter pipe and various grind rails The atmospheric remains of Magpie Mine are one of the best places to visit in the Peak District and one of the top industrial heritage sites in Derbyshire. It was the last working lead mine in the Derbyshire orefield and is probably the best surviving example anywhere in the UK of a 19th century lead mine. The mine has a fascinating history spanning more than 200 years of bonanzas and failures, of bitter disputes and fights resulting in the “murder” of three miners, and a Widows’ Curse that is said to remain to this day.

This is going to sound really nasty, but I I’m afraid I wasn’t impressed!
Flight style, camera movement and editing composition just looked very amateur.
Try to use better skill to show different perspectives during the opening shots before going overhead.
Jumping from one place to another made no sense.
I live about 50 miles from there and I was interested in the sorry, but I your visuals could have been better. Look for Toms Tech Time on YouTube and he does some good instructional videos about creating content using different styles of shots.
(Not hating on you, just saying I think it’s basic and could be better)

Try to use better skill to show different perspectives during the opening shots before going overhead.
I live about 50 miles from there and I was interested in the sorry, but I your visuals could have been better. Look for Toms Tech Time on YouTube and he does some good instructional videos about creating content using different styles of shots.

That was indeed very nasty tbh. Most of the people posting here are beginners and the Spark is usually their first drone. Also the fact that most people have zero experience with video editing before they start using their drone to capture videos. So it is not fair or even wise to expect professional quality videos here imho.

I put my opinion as an observer not a pro.
Did you look at TTT before replying?
Taking feedback and applying it to your posted vids will help, if you can’t accept constructive criticism then don’t post. This is a forum for all to enjoy - practice and get better. Don’t take it so badly - my efforts aren’t to the standard I like to watch yet, but I haven’t invited comment.

Thank you for your profesonal input.

I liked as well. I have done a lot of video editing before i bought my first drone and i like what you have done. And more importantly i get what your vision was.
I have some video of an abandoned water park and now i think i will make a video and post it.
Keep flying, keep practicing. I will offer one small piece of advise. Leave yourself room and the beginning and end of each shot. so when your shot is over, wait a three count before you stop recording. that will give your dissolves and fades some time.

Reactions: Fisho1
Very nice! I would like to see some more close up shots in your next project. Getting the drone really close to something and revealing the landscape can be very dramatic and give the viewer that wow moment. Great choice of music too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast