Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A little bummed out

Fart Blaster

Join
Dec 21, 2017
Loc
Spokane WA
I ordered a spark fly more bundle but living right next to an international airport and a US AFB I doubt it will even fire up after reading about the geofencing dji does and many complaints. I was only wanting to do following and some property pics but it looks like it may be useless. Are there any ways of disabling the geofence and gps for sport mode property inspections less than 100 feet off the ground? TIA

I ordered a spark fly more bundle but living right next to an international airport and a US AFB I doubt it will even fire up after reading about the geofencing dji does and many complaints. I was only wanting to do following and some property pics but it looks like it may be useless. Are there any ways of disabling the geofence and gps for sport mode property inspections less than 100 feet off the ground? TIA

So, you're asking advice as to how to fly illegally and irresponsibly?

Reactions: tvon and Echoblue
Don't open it till you find out for sure. Easy returning unopened item.

But I wouldn't give up yet, one would think that an AF base would spawn a lot of drone interest

I would check with a local hobby shop for tips. Believe it or not there are still some around

Good luck with whatever choice you make

You could become a Part 107 Pilot and request waivers from the FAA?

This was on another thread, haven't tried it out myself yet, but wrap the back end in tinfoil. Makes a small Faraday cage :) Best wishes and fly responsibly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef