Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A shot of Chatsworth House before the rain.

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Up here in the Dales and managed to get Spark up a couple of hundred feet despite spits and spots of rain. Shot into the remnants of the bright sky so had to do a lot of post-ed (have attached the original)537DD67A-0243-459A-877E-2213CC98D4DC.jpeg030D28CA-3CB4-4516-BA4E-FF050E643ADF.jpeg. No Air Magic as I’m on the iPad but iOS13 has seen some really good advances in Photos editing. So sky blown out but some massive improvement from huge under exposure to just about acceptable. Hope you like. PS the House is fantastic and well worth a visit.

I like to see glimpses of the blue sky between rain clouds. It reassures you that it's still there and will be back soon.

Reactions: twickers14
I haven't used AEB as yet, but was wondering if it might provide a balance between the two shots resulting in sky that's clearly defined as in the second photo with the ground detail in the first shot. Beautiful countryside, twickers14. So much I've got to learn, but the journey is fun. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RotorWash
You are so right. AEB would have been brilliant. I had a brief window to get Spark ready for TO, it started to spit with rain when I was up at 200ft so pressed shoot and came down. Thanks for your comment.

I'm really impressed with your work, twickers14. Please understand, I wasn't suggesting that AEB should've been used, just wondering if it would have been an application in which AEB would have been a benefit. I flew for a few minutes in my backyard, the first time in a couple of weeks because it's been so windy. I really need to put in a lot more stick time to develop my flying skills. I'm still such a noob! Looking forward to seeing more from you.

I'm really impressed with your work, twickers14. Please understand, I wasn't suggesting that AEB should've been used, just wondering if it would have been an application in which AEB would have been a benefit. I flew for a few minutes in my backyard, the first time in a couple of weeks because it's been so windy. I really need to put in a lot more stick time to develop my flying skills. I'm still such a noob! Looking forward to seeing more from you.
It's a good point to mention I B Spectre. The AEB function really helps to extend the Spark's limited dynamic range in post. I'm almost tempted to shoot everything AEB even if I don't need it for a shot as I know one of the pics in the bracket is always shot at the original exposure if that's what I end up going with.

Reactions: I B Spectre
You are so right. AEB would have been brilliant. I had a brief window to get Spark ready for TO, it started to spit with rain when I was up at 200ft so pressed shoot and came down. Thanks for your comment.
You did a super job recovering the exposure and well worth the effort. Look forward to more from your area!

Reactions: I B Spectre
Thanks all. Your point about shooting AEB most of the time is a very good one. With the weather we have been having and are due to get it’s always sunless here in the UK. Up with friends in West Yorkshire and grabbed some shots of the locality-all in AEB. Will have to get home first (Monday) to access Photomatix on my Mac for processing. Will see what I get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast