Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

AirMap app for FAA Part 101E (Fly for Fun)

Rafiky

Join
Mar 3, 2019
Loc
Miami, Fl
I’ve seen a videos in YouTube about using the AirMap app to request authorization to fly under FAA Part 107. Nothing in how to use the app under Part 101E for hobbyist. I have submitted several requests to fly in a class D are and get nothing. Does anyone know the process? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: Andre Levite
I’ve seen a videos in YouTube about using the AirMap app to request authorization to fly under FAA Part 107. Nothing in how to use the app under Part 101E for hobbyist. I have submitted several requests to fly in a class D are and get nothing. Does anyone know the process? Or am I missing something?

AirMap hasn't enabled the LAANC feature for hobbyist... yet.

We may get it through Kittyhawk app instead. Just last month FAA announced they would partner with Kittyhawk to revamp their B4uFly app.

It's coming one way or the other but no timeline formally announced.

Reactions: BigAl07
In the US.... currently you still fly under 336 rules and regulations. Within 5 miles of an airport you call and notify.

In the US.... currently you still fly under 336 rules and regulations. Within 5 miles of an airport you call and notify.
Just a question. I downloaded the latest firmware and am locked out of flying around my yard due to the fact that I live within 5 miles of a class D airport (Ohio State University Airport). I have been flying for years and this is the first time this has happen.

Question is: Even if I notify the airport, DJI won't let me take off. How do I get unlocked? I never fly more than 50 feet vertical, and 20 feet horizontal.

Chuck in Columbus.

P.S, This applies to my Mavic Air, too.

Search on DJI Mavic Drone Forum and I think you'll find how to UnLock DJI's geo system if you're not in a RED section.

This thread prompted me to explore the AirMap app as I plan to get a Spark in next week or so.

However, looking at the map in Airmap, it tells me that at this moment there are precisely 34 sUAS flights active in the entire USA. Is the system not working, not being used, or does it only show those flights notified through Airmap?

I was hoping to use it to find somewhere to fly, as I also live within 5 miles of a small airport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme