Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android phone recommendation - Huawei Mate 10 Pro (UK)

Chris Baish

Join
Nov 28, 2017
Having had issues with my Nexus 6p, I recently upgraded to the new Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Wanted to give it a recommendation as it has been unbelievably stable over about 20 flights. I've not had a single crash using Go 4, (4.1.15). It runs really smoothly as it has 6gb RAM, and has great peak brightness. Thought it might be useful info for others due an upgrade soon who want to stick with android.

Reactions: TomoSlo and dubt
this is very true indeed. when you try another type of hp eg like note3 the video feeding you can telling device cannot catch up its work. 6 gb at least to run very smooth video. even your hp has 30gb of data eg video you took. you won't see anything (slow), so. invest fastest device certainly has benefits

ipad mini 2, nexus 6 4 gb rama, huawei mate lite 4gb all work without problems and without breaking.

Having had issues with my Nexus 6p, I recently upgraded to the new Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Wanted to give it a recommendation as it has been unbelievably stable over about 20 flights. I've not had a single crash using Go 4, (4.1.15). It runs really smoothly as it has 6gb RAM, and has great peak brightness. Thought it might be useful info for others due an upgrade soon who want to stick with android.
Good to hear, as I upgraded from Galaxy S5 to Mate 10 pro. With the S5 I had horrible video feed if any with WiFi. Delay was between 5 and 8 seconds. Quite unusable. With OTG it worked fairly good on some places. But strangely lost signal by the beach. No interference there by radio signsls iron or concrete. Maybe the sea water had iron :) ?

With Mate 10 pro I have just had one short flight due to the cold weather, and it seemed to go very good with OTG. Will test WiFi later. So far, so good.

Reactions: Chris Baish
Good to hear, as I upgraded from Galaxy S5 to Mate 10 pro. With the S5 I had horrible video feed if any with WiFi. Delay was between 5 and 8 seconds. Quite unusable. With OTG it worked fairly good on some places. But strangely lost signal by the beach. No interference there by radio signsls iron or concrete. Maybe the sea water had iron :) ?

With Mate 10 pro I have just had one short flight due to the cold weather, and it seemed to go very good with OTG. Will test WiFi later. So far, so good.
I've been using WiFi since upgrading the app killed OTG. I've found WiFi to be perfectly stable, and not one single crash. I found that a reflective range extender that fits on the controller antenna makes a massive difference to range. One thing to note is that the phone to controller connection must be in 2.4ghz, so you can only fly in 5.8ghz. However, I'm still getting 500m+ (UK) so fine for my use.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard