Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ANZAC Day

Simon Cooper

Join
Mar 21, 2018
For all the Australians and New Zealanders in the group here’s a little piece I did last November, with the Spark, for Remembrance Day.
Today is ANZAC Day, a day that Australians and New Zealanders commemorate the first landing of the ANZACS at Gallipoli during WWI, and a day where we remember all those armed servicemen and women who fought and died in wars and conflicts:​

Another thumbs up Simon ?
Love the way you did the names scrolling thing, a good way to remember these were young men, individuals who gave all when asked.
So many same surnames on those memorials, brothers most likely ?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

Always.

Reactions: Simon Cooper
Excellent video once again Simon. A very nice tribute to all the brave souls because of whom we are lucky to live in a much better world today.

Respect to all who have died for their countries. So many of these monuments are passed by each day by the masses without a thought, sadly humanity seems to forget, and repeat. Peace is under-rated.

Simon you have a great eye for composition. Well done.

Thanks Robin, this was actually a little project I did for a friend who is a member of a local historical society. I was extremely limited by space, most of the memorials were located on main roads.

Thanks Robin, this was actually a little project I did for a friend who is a member of a local historical society. I was extremely limited by space, most of the memorials were located on main roads.
Well done even more then!

A fitting tribute to your brave countrymen and women. Well filmed. The whole framing of the YouTube film was off to the right on my iPad. Was that me or YouTube?

Thanks for the comments, Twickers. It must be a problem with your iPad. The video looks OK on all my devices.

Will check it out.

I noticed that the video is in a "window" and had to slide the clip with my fingers to see the other side.

If you watch it in full screen it looks fine.

There's something about the way this video was uploaded. It's zoomed in or something?

Most YouTube videos are a simple copy and paste of the link from YouTube to the Forum in the post.

Don't know if this helps but I view the thread with a Google Chrome app on my Android phone in Desktop Mode.

Not sure if other viewing options give different results due to the OS and the way it's delivered?

There's something about the way this video was uploaded. It's zoomed in or something?

Most YouTube videos are a simple copy and paste of the link from YouTube to the Forum in the post.

Don't know if this helps but I view the thread with a Google Chrome app on my Android phone in Desktop Mode.

Not sure if other viewing options give different results due to the OS and the way it's delivered?
Thanks. Will have a look to see what I can do. Got Chrome on my laptop so will try it on that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SparkieHutch