Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Barnstorming The Badlands - Video by DJI Spark (2:03 runtime)

Mr Geek

Join
Jan 2, 2019
Video compilation captured near Anza Borrego, CA where seemingly endless varied landscapes of the Badlands make for challenging and scenic flying/imagery.

UPDATE 01/28/19 Landmark Note: Forgot to mention in original post that you can see the Salton Sea in the distance the center which is approximately 25-miles from vantage point where video was captured.

Video captured January 2019 © Bob Kutscher

Last edited:
Hi Andre! I used a set of PolarPro ND/Pl filters and also applied color grading as needed to try balance between clips. Thanks for kind words :)

Reactions: McCloudSpark
WOW! It must be impossible to walk most of that. Could just as well be Mars! Great footage!
What is the material - rock, sand?

Fabulous and so spectacular. Very well edited and the music is perfect. Didn’t realise what the Badlands are. Had covered them in school but see how long ago that was by my age!!

Fabulous and so spectacular. Very well edited and the music is perfect. Didn’t realise what the Badlands are. Had covered them in school but see how long ago that was by my age!!
Thanks for the kind words...Living my entire life in San Diego I finally retired here in Borrego Springs, CA about 8-years ago and during "desert season" when temps are cool I genuinely enjoy daily off road Jeep rides around the region. Up until recently I felt I had gained fairly solid knowledge of surrounding terrain/landscapes/geology from time spent off road but just one flight with my Spark revealed stunning landscapes just over the rolling hills adjacent to the roadways, opening up new horizons for videography/photography. Having a quality camera that can easily be moved through 3D space to obtain vantage points otherwise impossible to occupy is pretty darn nice :)

Reactions: Tglass0000
Thanks for the kind words...Living my entire life in San Diego I finally retired here in Borrego Springs, CA about 8-years ago and during "desert season" when temps are cool I genuinely enjoy daily off road Jeep rides around the region. Up until recently I felt I had gained fairly solid knowledge of surrounding terrain/landscapes/geology from time spent off road but just one flight with my Spark revealed stunning landscapes just over the rolling hills adjacent to the roadways, opening up new horizons for videography/photography. Having a quality camera that can easily be moved through 3D space to obtain vantage points otherwise impossible to occupy is pretty darn nice :)
Seems an idyllic place to live and what a film location. Happy and safe flying.

Video compilation captured near Anza Borrego, CA where seemingly endless varied landscapes of the Badlands make for challenging and scenic flying/imagery.
Video captured January 2019 © Bob Kutscher

Wow.

Nothing like that here in my area except a gravel pit.;)

Thanks for sharing.

You probably also covered the Salton Sea which can be seen in the distance (body of water with mountains beyond) which is about 25-miles from the vantage point where video was captured. I meant to include this in the description but forgot.

We didn’t but have checked it out on Google. Looks amazing and quite a phenomenon to have on your doorstep. Be sure not to loose your Spark in the water, it seems a touch saline!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast