Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best RTH percentage?

Sparky786

Join
Sep 8, 2017
What percentage do you guys keep as safety?
I keep as 20% until it rth..is this Ok?

Sparky: you seem to be confused. You can set battery level warnings but not a percentage for RTH. There is a switch to enable ‘Smart RTH’, this means the Spark will commence RTH when it calculates battery power required to safely get home. Hence why you see a moving ‘H’ on the battery indicator. The RTH will be initiated based on distance, height, wind - so every flight, it could be different. Screenshot from DJI GO4 (currently disconnected but shows the setting I mention).

Attachments

• 78907735-8464-4B69-915E-CCC2C582C8A1.png
    78907735-8464-4B69-915E-CCC2C582C8A1.png
    479 KB · Views: 45
Yes there is.if you go to the battery settings it gives you option to set your rth percentage
As Mike mentions above and as I stated - There is no RTH percentage level adjustment.
RTH is dynamic and will adjust itself based on the distance the aircraft is from the Home Point. There is no user control over this.
Familiarise yourself with pages 13/14/15 of the user manual.

Reactions: Sparky786
Sparky: you seem to be confused. You can set battery level warnings but not a percentage for RTH. There is a switch to enable ‘Smart RTH’, this means the Spark will commence RTH when it calculates battery power required to safely get home. Hence why you see a moving ‘H’ on the battery indicator. The RTH will be initiated based on distance, height, wind - so every flight, it could be different. Screenshot from DJI GO4 (currently disconnected but shows the setting I mention).
Thanks for your reply.
The reason I said this, I was flying for about 10min and a message poped up saying rth will kick in unless I cancel. And when I went to battery screen I saw it was set on 22%.

As Mike mentions above and as I stated - There is no RTH percentage level adjustment.
RTH is dynamic and will adjust itself based on the distance the aircraft is from the Home Point. There is no user control over this.
Familiarise yourself with pages 13/14/15 of the user manual.
Thank You

Screenshot_20171123-151132.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis