Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Black coloured lens cover, not really a good idea!

Chaz2b

Join
Jan 1, 2019
I took my Spark to work today, as my boss wanted some aerial footage of the yard. That first flight went well, even though I flew it without the phone.
About an hour later I decided on another short sortie, this time with the phone. It went straight up!
Slight panic and some rear trouser bellowing followed, thinking quickly as to what had gone wrong, for a start I didn’t have my reading glasses on, then looking back at the screen.....no picture.
Feck! I’ve left the lens/sensor cover on, I disconnected the phone link and done a manual landing,phew!
Realising my stupid mistake, thinking why I could have missed that, I felt that the colour of the cover was camouflaged against the Spark plus my out of focused eyes conspired against me.
So, as my friend had so generously 3D printed the cover for me , I’ve asked him if he would print one in RED! With ‘remove before flight’ embossed on it. Once bitten!

Chaz

...Twice shy. :)

20190102_161132.jpg

Exactly how I need it, but in red so I can visual see it without glasses. I have no problems flying without glasses as I only use them for reading, but it’s so **** small.....but cute :)

Reactions: Spark 317
I taped a short piece of bright blue ribbon on the top of mine as a reminder. It lays across the back of my white Spark and can't be missed.

If you had looked at your screen before take off you will get a gimbal warning as part of the spark startup is that rotates the gimbal up and down. If it is unable too it put a big red warning on you screen

Reactions: graywoulf
I took my Spark to work today, as my boss wanted some aerial footage of the yard. That first flight went well, even though I flew it without the phone.
About an hour later I decided on another short sortie, this time with the phone. It went straight up!
Slight panic and some rear trouser bellowing followed, thinking quickly as to what had gone wrong, for a start I didn’t have my reading glasses on, then looking back at the screen.....no picture.
Feck! I’ve left the lens/sensor cover on, I disconnected the phone link and done a manual landing,phew!
Realising my stupid mistake, thinking why I could have missed that, I felt that the colour of the cover was camouflaged against the Spark plus my out of focused eyes conspired against me.
So, as my friend had so generously 3D printed the cover for me , I’ve asked him if he would print one in RED! With ‘remove before flight’ embossed on it. Once bitten!

Chaz
Good stuff ,, good to know i"m not the only who has done that .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67