Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Black Friday deal on Ryze Tello

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
Just bought a another couple of these as gifts when I saw the price reduced down to $80 for Black Friday (usually $100). I've been watching for deals on this - it rarely gets a discount at all.

The link is for direct purchase from DJI on their Amazon store (free 2-day Prime shipping).

DJI / Ryze Tello pocket drone:
https://amzn.to/2Q0ljU3

434E749B-31F1-4197-87B6-580D2905DA69.jpeg

This drone is like the Spark'a little brother. Lol. Great for beginners and kids. Also for drone addicts like me who just "need" one for indoors or easy travel.

Hope this helps your Xmas shopping. Ha

I thought about buying one as a gift for a child our family decided to shop for for Christmas, that’s a good deal. The Tellos are awesome. I bought one and flew it for weeks learning to fly a drone before I ever flew our Spark.

I suggested getting some from my cousins because I know how bad their luck is with bad drones and they loved flying my drone (for 3 days before I crashed it in California when I visited them)

Do they have a version with brushless motors?
No, but it doesn't really matter. You can buy new motors super cheap, solder two wires 4x(each motor) and replace them for $27 including buying a brand new soldering iron (youtube has tutorial) but you'll never really actually burn trough them.
Get the Tello!
Fly it inside, fly it at parties, hand it to a young child or your drunk buddy you're trying to get into drones... Fly it wherever you're not allowed to fly because it weighs 80 grams so by EU and FAA regs it's a "toy"
There's only one drawback to the Tello and it's that the camera needs lot's of light- not great at nighttime photos.

Get one for yourself and two to give away!
Turn someone else onto this amazing profession/hobby/lifestyle

Yes. They call it "Spark".

I only ask because there are drones in that price range that do have brushless motors, like the Boldclash B06, but the Boldclash doesn't have the Tello features like visual position hold.

Thanks MrMund, I'll check it out.

I only ask because there are drones in that price range that do have brushless motors, like the Boldclash B06, but the Boldclash doesn't have the Tello features like visual position hold.

Thanks MrMund, I'll check it out.
Yes I know, posted making humour.

Tello isn't a racing drone.
It is a very stable drone, for flying indoors, for education in programming, with a great firmware.
Xiaomi mitu is the only competitor I found in the market.