Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cache and SD quality comparison

Paul Lee

Join
Dec 24, 2017
So I have done a little side by side comparison video... The left is the footage edited directly from the phone (Cached video ) And the right is footage edited directly from the SD card. Yes they are different edits but they are both from the same flight.
So you can see the difference between phone and sd footage.
The right hand side footage also had a filter applied.
The final result didn't allow me to get a full 1080 resolution due to the poor quality cached version

Both full length videos are below the cached version and the 1080 version .....

From phone cache

Direct from SD card

Reactions: Vilco
There is no doubt the SD card will provide the better footage as it is written directly to the card. The device only records the weaker signal sent to it via wifi.

Reactions: Paul Lee
There is no doubt the SD card will provide the better footage as it is written directly to the card. The device only records the weaker signal sent to it via wifi.

Yes I am aware of this, Just trying to help the people who are new to video editing and wondering why their footage looks poor.

And as good as the wifi signal can be, if I recall clearly the video feed sent to the smartphone is just HD (720x1280) while the video written to the SD card is full HD, or FHD (1080x1920). Am I correct? Or is the video feed to the smartphone in FHD?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar