Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Canadian Advanced License now includes many DJI Products

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
When they first set out the rules, use DJI drone pilots were out of luck if you wanted to take more than the Basic license exam...

Well, thats changed... DJI Drones Comply With New Transport Canada Requirements For Advanced Operations

DJI is pleased to declare that, effective today, nine drone models comply with the latest Transport Canada regulations for advanced drone operations in controlled airspace. This allows DJI customers to continue using preferred drones in these operations after June 1, when Transport Canada’s new regulatory framework for civilian drone operations takes effect across Canada.

DJI’s compliant drones are:​
DJI continues to review the process of declaring its drones compliant for other Advanced Operations under Transport Canada’s safety assurance program. These elements of the program have different steps and requirements, and further information will be announced at a later date.​

What's not encouraging is the fact that the course costs 500+ dollars, and the questions are almost identical to what's needed to pilot a plane, including reciting bernoulli's law.

So it'll cost more to license than my Drone cost originally.

Reactions: BossOlive
What's not encouraging is the fact that the course costs 500+ dollars, and the questions are almost identical to what's needed to pilot a plane, including reciting bernoulli's law.

I passed the advanced with lots of studying and trial and error. But yes a bit ridiculous the questions they ask (different types of ice on wings weather systems types of fronts principals of light) no 500$ course.
And the best part is no one is able to do flight reviews yet so what a waste of time that was.
10$ a pop for exams x 7 or 8 plus one exam crash.

Reactions: DroneDoug

Hey I signed up for the free basic course at AlteX Academy online. And then signed up for less than $200 fir their advanced course. They will also be doing flight reviews.

I am releived that the Spark is on the list and that DJI finally got this certification.

Also, the fact that the exam contains so many airplane pilot style questions is puzzling, but it is a brand new area for the ministry so I guess they're just going with what they know. Maybe in the future they'll tone it down a bit but for now, those of us pursuing this course have to deal with it.

Last edited:
When they first set out the rules, use DJI drone pilots were out of luck if you wanted to take more than the Basic license exam...

Well, thats changed... DJI Drones Comply With New Transport Canada Requirements For Advanced Operations

DJI is pleased to declare that, effective today, nine drone models comply with the latest Transport Canada regulations for advanced drone operations in controlled airspace. This allows DJI customers to continue using preferred drones in these operations after June 1, when Transport Canada’s new regulatory framework for civilian drone operations takes effect across Canada.

DJI’s compliant drones are:​
DJI continues to review the process of declaring its drones compliant for other Advanced Operations under Transport Canada’s safety assurance program. These elements of the program have different steps and requirements, and further information will be announced at a later date.​
I can't find this on the TC site.

Is it posted somewhere else?
Or maybe just not updated yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex