Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing operating system

Icemanwbs

Join
Jul 31, 2018
Any suggestions on changing from android to apple ? Will be trying this very soon. Will I have problems switching my info and GO4 app from an android phone to an apple iPad mini2 ? Will I lose my current flight data ?

I have an Apple mini4 and two Droids I fly with.

As long as the Go4 app is installed and you log in to your account, you should be good to go.

Remember to refresh / sync your flight records.

On the main page of the Go4 app, upper right corner, click on the menu to flight records, then click the cloud icon to sync your records to your device with your logged in Go4 account.

No. It doesn't matter.

As long as your Go4 is logged into your account, it doesn't matter what device you fly.

But if you want to have your Android flights to show up on your Apple, or vice versa, just be sure your flight records are synced.

Any suggestions on changing from android to apple ? Will be trying this very soon. Will I have problems switching my info and GO4 app from an android phone to an apple iPad mini2 ? Will I lose my current flight data ?

Do not do it. Apple is a graveyard of good ideas.

I appreciate your reply, however the majority of folks seem to have good results with the apple mini2.

I've only used the iPhone (8 plus currently) and had rock solid performance. I do have an older Android tablet, which I have tried, but it wheezes a little under the strain! The iPad Mini is on my wish-list.

Reactions: Icemanwbs
Do not do it. Apple is a graveyard of good ideas.

New Member with only 2 likes posts a hateful comment.

Clean up your act. That’s not what this forum is for

Both OS have their merits and limitations. Diversity and competition benefit us all

Reactions: Icemanwbs
New Member with only 2 likes posts a hateful comment.

Clean up your act. That’s not what this forum is for

Both OS have their merits and limitations. Diversity and competition benefit us all
Avid android user, love the os. I can't stand Apple ios. However I use android for a phone and an iPad as a dedicated drone device. Since the switch I'll never go back. I agree that this forum should be here to look for solutions, post triumphs and fails, meet other people with a common hobby. If you want to debate Apple vs android and belittle people for their opinions, there are plenty of os specific forums that would be perfect for you.

WOAH wait a minute
Hope you didn't purchase yet.
Mini 2 is too slow.
Recommend Mini 4

DJI finally updated their Supported Devices List and iPad Mini 2 is not on it.

120316sx2ua2buw9zxwku7.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef