Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Chinese-made drone app in Google Play spooks security researchers

Chinese-made drone app in Google Play spooks security researchers

Some of the info seems a little fishy to me, and there's no denying that the comments (and comment rankings) are highly politicized...

Comments?
Thank you for posting this. Chinese exploitation of technology for covert spying is no surprise. But what changed? See "until recently" in the article cited.

"The Android version of DJI Go 4—an app that lets users control drones—has until recently been covertly collecting sensitive user data and can download and execute code of the developers’ choice, researchers said in two reports that question the security and trustworthiness of a program with more than 1 million Google Play downloads."

Reactions: basily
Best comment in this article: Ha, these are standard features on any Chinese Android app. Guess they (maybe intentionally) forgot to remove them from the Google Play version

What's happening with you americans..you see China ...and Russia spying every where..well that's what happens if you watch too many James Bonds movies...do you really think that the USA is not doing the same ??? I recall I spy US plane U2 shot down over USSR Think a bit..
Dont become paranoid...
Of course DJI can get hold off your photos and clips...I was spyed on..they copied the photo of my cows

Attachments

• thumb_0689879ab20de82d_1589524130000.jpg
    thumb_0689879ab20de82d_1589524130000.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 17
See my previous topic on this for more feedback... always good to do a search before posting!

;)
Interesting for crazy people who see 007 ..everywhere...even in a drone that cannot fly in military areas..as the software now prevent it.
Stop been zombies..wake america...drone flying is fun..and just leave it that way....

Reactions: basily and ClimbMIT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex