Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Clearance on PolarPro filters 6 pack

I wonder if they are making a newer version of them if they are on clearance

They make the Cinematic series, which I purchased when I got my Spark last year.

The Polarized lenses have an adjustable bezel on them for optimal use but I don't think the lighting conditions are the same on the ground verses the air, and with the camera pointing at different angles at the time of shoot, so I haven't messed with those.

Guess I need to experiment since I have no knowledge of photography on how to set the lens correctly.

I also read that the filters are more for video and not photos as it gives the video a smooth motion to it.

The filter packs are not on clearance because Polar Pro is releasing a new product to replace them.They are on clearance because Best Buy is getting out of drone accessory sales and must liquidate their inventory. BB will only continue selling the aircrafts alone (and in bundles). A rep told me they need the shelf space for higher volume items.

Polar Pro still sells two different sets of these same Standard Series ND filters on their own web site at full price. This is their entry level filter pack.They also offer a Vivid Series and the Cinema Series.

You are correct that ND filters are only beneficial for video (and not still photography where faster shutter speed not a problem). The polarizing filters in these sets, however, are helpful for both video and stills.

Last edited:
They make the Cinematic series, which I purchased when I got my Spark last year.

The Polarized lenses have an adjustable bezel on them for optimal use but I don't think the lighting conditions are the same on the ground verses the air, and with the camera pointing at different angles at the time of shoot, so I haven't messed with those.

Guess I need to experiment since I have no knowledge of photography on how to set the lens correctly.

I also read that the filters are more for video and not photos as it gives the video a smooth motion to it.

Thanks, I'll stick with the standard for now.

The filter packs are not on clearance because Polar Pro is releasing a new product to replace them.They are on clearance because Best Buy is getting out of drone accessory sales and must liquidate their inventory. BB will only continue selling the aircrafts alone (and in bundles). A rep told me they need the shelf space for higher volume items.

Polar Pro still sells two different sets of these same Standard Series ND filters on their own web site at full price. This is their entry level filter pack.They also offer a Vivid Series and the Cinema Series.

You are correct that ND filters are only beneficial for video (and not still photography where faster shutter speed not a problem). The polarizing filters in these sets, however, are helpful for both video and stills.

Thanks, Andre. Wish I had a MP right about now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit