Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Controller unresponsive during flight!

jlh96

Join
Feb 1, 2019
I took spark up for a flight the other day and encountered a few concerning issues. The temperature was about 38 degrees- I'm not exactly sure if this caused the issues because DJI states the operating temps are 32-104 degrees F and I was still above. Some people I've come across on YouTube have flown in colder temps with no issues.

1.) Not able to RTH or land, move camera gimbal, or start/ stop video recording/pics.

Luckily I was only up about 100 feet in altitude and not far from my home point. I kept trying to RTH and I'd get an error 'RTH failed/ 'Landing failed'. The gimbal was also unresponsive when I tried to move it up and down and couldn't stop my video recording. Both the app and controller were unresponsive which leads me to believe the drone had an issue. Oddly, the up/down sticks worked so I was able to bring it down lower above ground but had to wait for the battery to die because it refused to land. The controller worked for the first 6 or 7 mins into flight.

2.) Downward vision sensor error.

Never had this error before. It was cloudy and possibly and poor visibility, but I didn't encounter any fog.

3.) Movements laggy...

Spark seems to have almost a half second delay in registering movement. If I try to go forward, backward, left, or right it didn't happen immediately. The movements also seemed to be on an angle and not straight.

These are all issues I experienced in the cold. I haven't flown it again since then, so not sure if these issues were related to the cold or not. What are you thoughts?

It is doubtful that it was the cold. 38F is an ok temp. Something was hogging the Spark CPU. Once you got it down it would of been good to try re-booting it (power off/on) to see if the problem went away. Have a look at your flight log to see what was going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe