Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go4 app Failed to start... again... And More...

EMB

Join
Oct 1, 2018
I seem to be having nothing but problems with DJI software... Phantom Pro 3, Mavic Pro and now my Spark.
I use a Samsung Note A. The Go4 app updated and all seemed to work. Went to fly and couldn't because the app wanted me to sign up or sign in to some information gathering spy program. "Smart Editor, One Tap to Share." My Samsung doesn't have wifi in the field so I had to use my phone. I just want to fly. How can this be avoided in the future? Is there a better app for flying besides DJI?
I also had issues with their Assistant 2 software. I tried all the internet tricks installing it on my win 10 notebook with NO success. Fortunately I have Win 7 machine and it worked flawless. You would think with all the intellectual property they have stolen, they could have swiped the info to get it to work on Win 10...
I also had another issue. I had to use my phone to fly. Usually when i get the first low battery warning, I land it. I let it go a little longer and the Spark took off straight up and I lost control. Fortunately I looked at the screen and it gave me an option to cancel return to origin. I don't fly far from where I am and don't need the return to origin, is there a way to turn this off. I had just finished flying in a building and was returning to the parking lot. Had it activated inside the building there would have been one less drone...
As I said, this is my 3rd DJI drone... I am really into self-abuse.

You seem to have some problems.
Let's talk about the first. I've never seen go4 app, asking me to "share" something.

Check your device for apps you don't use, and delete them.

Before flight, kill every app running, and enable airplane mode.

If you connect your device via WiFi, turn on it, and connect to RC.
If you connect your device via otg cable, don't turn on WiFi.

Now check if some app asks you to connect, for sharing or anything else. If yes, your device is not clean. In this case, DON'T connect, and Don't fly.

Re: Let's talk about the first. I've never seen go4 app, asking me to "share" something.

Screen shot.jpg
Wouldn't let me in to fly without signing up or in. Tough with no WiFi. I reinstalled it again with the same results. ( this was a video).

Check your device for apps you don't use, and delete them.
Never affected the flight before...

Before flight, kill every app running, and enable airplane mode.
I always kill the apps, I'll try airplane mode thank you.

If you connect your device via otg cable, don't turn on WiFi.
I use a cable and turn WiFi off

Now check if some app asks you to connect, for sharing or anything else. If yes, your device is not clean. In this case, DON'T connect, and Don't fly.
I signed up and signed and all seems to be working... (When I was home and connected to WiFi)

Thank you for your reply !

Is this "smart editor" an app installed on your device?

When you enable WiFi or data, you can login with your DJI account, or it is a different app?

What information was required?

No, the "smart editor" is not installed on my tablet. I had no idea what is was until the ad popped up.
It is a video advertisement. It came on when I tried to log into Go4. It wouldn't let me in until I logged in.
When I got home and had WiFi, I uninstalled the Go4 app and reinstalled it. (Go4) I got the same ad screen. I used my DJI login, it went away and it got to GO FLY button. My point is why did I have to go through all this to fly? The only thing that saved me was I had the app on my phone.
What does putting the phone/tablet in airplane mode do?

Does this as pop up every time you run go4, or it was once?

Airplane mode turns off all radio signals of your device (cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth). Usually is an icon with airplane on it.

Ok, I don't update, so have never seen that 'smart editor' screen. But DJI wants to sign in once, in order to fly.

Now for the flyaway problem, posting the logs would be helpful, but I would suggest to fly spark with remote, making sure a home point is recorded at takeoff (as you already know).

Last edited:
I flew today. Had issues with it connecting. I did turn on airport mode. I use a Samsung Tab A as the display. For some reason the display was real dark so I landed and set te brightness all the way. Didn't seem to help, but then I noticed a small box asking me if I wanted to see information on restricted fly areas. I closed the box and the screen got brighter. Just curious how an ad can be displayed in Airport Mode?

It's not an ad, but a go4 message.

Fly carefully, near you, make yourself comfortable with sticks and the screen.

If you have problems, there are solutions too.

It's not an ad, but a go4 message.

Fly carefully, near you, make yourself comfortable with sticks and the screen.

If you have problems, there are solutions too.
I think it is odd there is a message on the flight screen when my drone is in the air... I am very careful when I fly. I just find the messages pop up at very inconvenient times...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme