Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Mavic 2 confirmed by Argos (specs & model names)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
Argos just leaked some kind of advertisement/flyer that contains more specs about the Mavic 2. It'll be available in the following models:
  • DJI Mavic 2 Pro
  • DJI Mavic 2 Zoom
The notable specs are as follows:
  • 1080p video transmission
  • 8km (4.9 miles) transmission distance
  • Max speed of 20 m/s (44 mph)
  • Max flight time of 31 minutes
  • APAS
  • ActiveTrack 2.0
  • Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
Additional Mavic 2 Pro specs:
Additional Mavic 2 Zoom specs:

Argos1.jpg

Argos4.jpg

Argos2.jpg

Argos3.jpg

Here’s a video from Ash (of DroningON) showing the Argos catalog:

This also confirms what the cancelled "See the Bigger Picture" announcement was going to be about:

EventConfirmed.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Loudn and LDsteve
I foresee a vacancy in the advertising/catalogue department of Argos on Monday morning! :D

Only 1080p? That doesn't seem right... They wouldn't downgrade the quality of the video on an "updated" higher priced quad would they?

The live view quality on the Mavic Pro is only 720p.
720p for long distance and 1080p for short close by flying on my Mavic Pro. I always use 1080p when I'm just flying Los on my Mavic Pro.

If they've managed to get 1080p for that full 8km that is impressive I'd say.

So this leak is the zoom by the looks of it look very similar to the the Argos pic
Screenshot_20180729-134249_Photos.jpg

So the looks of it the Zoom will be released as a enterprise version as well.

Well I'm disappointed there will be no Spark II. Glad for the Mavic though.

Well there might be, but since the catalogue only mentioned two models and they were both Mavics, I wasn't too optimistic.
Hm, DJI "traditionally" doesn't update replace multiple drone families in the same time. From a marketing point of view, it makes sense to do it in a staggered way.

Now that I just bought a Spark last week and I am absolutely loving it, I am hoping there will be a Spark 2 with the same level of simplicity (not too much settings, small and fast to deploy) somewhere in the future. I don't expect it anytime soon though. I would expect them to be updated in the following order: Mavic Pro - Phantom - Spark - Mavic Air. That is, IF the phantoms will be updated at all, and not replaced by the Mavic Pro or Enterprise series.

Well I'm disappointed there will be no Spark II. Glad for the Mavic though.
I'm with you. I think the Spark is the best quick throw-up drone around, always ready at a moment's notice. In fact, if a Spark 2 were to be the same size, still not foldable but with better range and a better controller, it would be the one to have.

Reactions: JoostGT3
I've just heard that the pro "may" have a variable aperture, f2.8-f8. And the new press release date will be 23rd August...

:cool::cool::cool: Hopefully this lowers the original Mavic's prices way down... I tend to be on the trailing edge... (money is always tight). I'd like to have the bigger bird in my toolbox for the 4k stuff I am lacking now. I would not give up the Spark though.. its so portable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe