Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Mavic Mini $399 price tag confirmed – release ‘imminent’

H

Haye Kesteloo

DJI-Mavic-Mini-1.jpg

This morning, our old friend and DJI leaker OsitaLV tweeted a short video showing the DJI Mavic Mini listed on a Chinese website with a confirmed price tag of $399. If that number looks familiar it is probably because of our article more than two months ago. The listing also shows us a few new photos of the sub-250-gram foldable mini drone.

more…

The post DJI Mavic Mini $399 price tag confirmed – release ‘imminent’ appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

If everything the linked article says is accurate, this is going to fly off the shelves (sorry, no pun intended). I'm guessing if it does come in under 250 grams, DJI chose not to put AirSense on it even if it operates where the Spark and heavier drones do presently, thus the pre-2020 release. Longer range & flight time, 3-axis camera, 4K video@30 fps, 2.7K@60 fps, or 1080p@120 fps with 12MP stills, and includes an RC for $400 sounds like a winner. Time will tell once real world users put it through the paces.

Reactions: RotorWash
Longer range & flight time, 3-axis camera, 4K video@30 fps, 2.7K@60 fps, or 1080p@120 fps with 12MP stills, and includes an RC for $400 sounds like a winner.

Didn't watch any of the leaked videos but are all these specs promised too?
I think under 250 grams, 2-axis with improved EIS and slightly better transmission, battery life are more realistic expectations at that price for an entry-level drone.

Reactions: twickers14
Didn't watch any of the leaked videos but are all these specs promised too?
I think under 250 grams, 2-axis with improved EIS and slightly better transmission, battery life are more realistic expectations at that price for an entry-level drone.
I didn't watch the videos either, just read the information in the link to Drone DJ. I'd hate to be guilty of furthering false information, so I guess we'll be able to separate fact from rumor on or about October 30th. Right now everything is contingent on a very big IF.

Reactions: twickers14
I didn't watch the videos either, just read the information in the link to Drone DJ. I'd hate to be guilty of furthering false information, so I guess we'll be able to separate fact from rumor on or about October 30th. Right now everything is contingent on a very big IF.

Yes, we are all free to speculate though. ?
But the "Fly as you are" teaser on DJI's homepage is giving a strong hint that it will indeed be a under 250g drone.

Last edited:
I'll bet at that price it is just for the drone....not controller. Can anyone confirm?
I am with you on this.

Another thing which is making me quite curious is that can they give a 3-axis gimbal at that price?
If they can't give a 3-axis gimbal, they will have to stick to 1080p or upgrade to 2.7K at max because they need that crop for EIS.
Also, I think we can't expect much of an improvement in battery life and transmission too because they brought down the weight by 50gms. And let's be logical. If they give all that for just $399, it will simply kill the Mavic Air.

Reactions: ArmyofMike
I am with you on this.

Another thing which is making me quite curious is that can they give a 3-axis gimbal at that price?
If they can't give a 3-axis gimbal, they will have to stick to 1080p or upgrade to 2.7K at max because they need that crop for EIS.
Also, I think we can't expect much of an improvement in battery life and transmission too because they brought down the weight by 50gms. And let's be logical. If they give all that for just $399, it will simply kill the Mavic Air.

I’m guessing the remote won’t be included either. It’s a large money maker for DJI and other drone companies, and it helps to have a low MSRP to entice people. Skydio doesn’t even include a remote with their new drone. They know the remote will be a large seller to those that bought just the bare drone, and it’ll sell more bundles.

Reactions: nilanjan118
I’m guessing the remote won’t be included either. It’s a large money maker for DJI and other drone companies, and it helps to have a low MSRP to entice people. Skydio doesn’t even include a remote with their new drone. They know the remote will be a large seller to those that bought just the bare drone, and it’ll sell more bundles.

You bet. And that's what I meant by agreeing with post #6 above. So we may see something like -
Mavic mini (drone only) - $399
Mavic mini (RC combo) - $499
Mavic mini (flymore combo) - $549

And they may put the RC separately on the website at $149 for people who wish to buy it later.

I wonder what the comm method to and from the drone will be. The WIFI on the Spark seems to be rather unreliable and subject to interference.

I wonder what the comm method to and from the drone will be. The WIFI on the Spark seems to be rather unreliable and subject to interference.
The FCC paperwork listed "Highest Operation Frequency: 5825 MHz", so it looks like WiFi.

Reactions: RotorWash
I saw that and I'm a fan of Captain Drone's site and reviews. A different reviewer at another Mavic Mini source said the Mini will not have forward obstacle avoidance. I don't recall Captain Drone saying that, but I might've missed it. There has been such anticipation for the Spark replacement that rumors abound. Guess we'll see what it really has on Oct. 30th!

Meeting the <250gram weight has its pros and cons, but I wonder if it will be as tough (i.e., crashworthy) as the Spark.

Reactions: Spark 317
makes you wonder at 400 bucks how are they maknig a profit i mean it must cost 50 bucks to make or something because no company gets oh ill take a 50 dollar profit ... lol

i dunno about this thing.. it better come with a remote and charger and drone for 399 watch so many people will want it that it wont be availible etc.. then i guess ill have to wait a year for it to calm down and buy off ebay or second hand.. anyone want a spark with 15 flights on it? for 400?

I understand that the MM has a non-removable battery and a relatively short flight time. This seems odd for a $400 drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav